J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Operations are uniquely positioned at the heart of what we do. We impact the business we undertake from end to end - involved in almost all major steps of the transaction lifecycle as well as new initiatives (products and services) and vendor management. We work in collaboration with counterparts from all areas across Lines of Business, Technology, Finance and Corporate Functions. Our role is about maintaining the efficient processes our people rely on every day to do first-class business. We constantly strive to achieve the improvement that makes the firm one of the most respected financial institutions in the world.
Operations teams are aligned to either products (Bonds, Equities, Foreign Exchange, Loans & Deposits, Alternatives, Derivatives and Mutual Funds) or processes (Income, Corporate Actions, Asset Transfers, Tax, Client Reporting and Data Management).
We are offering you an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and growing team in a fast paced and challenging area working on complex products and processes.
The Investments Support Group is part of our broader Operations Department. It is the main point of contact for Investors and Managed Solutions teams for operational activities across all products for the International Private Bank. This team is responsible for supporting the business in various locations for EMEA, ASIA and LATAM. A close coordination with the US Private Bank team is also required to make the support global. The team is located in Geneva, London, Edinburgh, Mumbai, Singapore and Hong Kong
The group has five primary functions.
- Supporting the investment teams and resolving all trading issues that occur.
- Project management, requirement review and prioritization, operating model definition, testing and production release of any technical changes to applications used by investment teams.
- Manage the implementation of technical changes through investor training and expedient resolution of any post release issues.
- Centralized management of entitlements, which can be modified resulting from business changes, or require access gatekeeping for audit and control reasons.
- Business analytics function to support investment teams with data analytics.
The principal objective of the team leader is to provide dedicated and centralized support to the investment teams encompassing the below but not restricted to:
Day to day management of staff at a team level and interaction with internal and external counterparts in various locations
First point of escalation for the team in Edinburgh
Contribute to the recruitment effort of the Operations team for the overall team to meet their recruitment targets
Supervision of the team with accountability for quality assurance
Ownership of Performance Management at the team level
Continuous focus on optimizing efficiency and control by understanding, reviewing and implementing processes, systems and procedures in the context of a growing business with increasingly complex product offerings
In addition to the variety of tasks performed to support each product strong emphasis is also placed on the ability to prioritize tasks and communicate efficiently with key partners.
The teams’ role is very broad and will change significantly in the coming years. The candidate must have the ability to drive the strategic objective and communicate appropriately. In addition they must demonstrate an exceptional capacity to exercise good judgement under pressure.
The candidate should have relevant middle office / trade support experience in one or several of the above mentioned products within a bank, fund administrator or financial institution and now looking to take on a new challenge in a growing, fast paced and ever changing environment. Candidates should in addition have the following attributes:
- Leadership skills and strategic thinking
- Develop and maintain strong relationships
- Operational mindset with good analytical skills and understanding of process flows.
- Capable of analyzing processes to find opportunities for improvement to avoid trading risk and improve efficiency.
- Highly disciplined, a self starter, and have the ability to execute on assignments independently.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong capacity for operating in a flexible, dynamic environment where creative and strategic thinking is required.
- Good communication skills and ability to manage various stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Maintain strong relationships
- High level of integrity.
Previous experience in middle office, operating model development, process re-engineering and data analysis and/or consulting.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.