Python Software Engineer - Equities Risk and Structuring
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you’ll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
· Partner with the business to analyze and define requirements as well as roadmaps for the rapidly evolving products and client requirements.
· Work collaboratively with the trading desk, structures, quantitative research and other technology teams to formulate innovative technical solutions to industrialize the growing business.
· Develop enhancements and/or build new strategic solutions for booking, risk and lifecycle management of new Index products and deals executed by the business.
· Work closely with/Influence other technology teams to ensure that required changes are made in other dependent or core systems.
· Define development/project plans with key milestones in line with strategy and own the full delivery.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
· Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
· Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
· Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
· Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
· Demonstrable experience in development, deployment and maintenance of commercial service oriented application(s).
· Experience with Python or Java is preferable.
· Self starter with the ability to quickly pick up new ideas, concepts and technologies.
· Disciplined approach to code management, testing and deployment practices and high quality delivery.
· Experience of full project lifecycle, breaking requirements down into technical deliverables and effort estimation.
· Ability to work and lead effectively within a global team (spread across NA, EMEA, APAC etc.) whilst influencing and contributing towards the development of the global platform.
· Experience of senior stakeholder management with the ability to challenge the status quo and propose alternatives and develop strategic roadmaps.
· Experience working to tight time frames without sacrificing quality.
· Experience of working in a front office environment within financial services
· Understanding of equity derivative products
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
©2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.