JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The Market Data Services organization at JPMorgan is a global team responsible for the design, deployment and support of the technology infrastructure that provides for the consumption of information at JPMorgan that comes from external and internal sources, as well as contributing information to outside the company. Supporting all lines of business of the Firm, we manage information deliver that is critical to the markets and our infrastructure is critical to how we win business every day.
To support the industry leader, Market Data Services has assembled a multi-generational global team of engineers to build industry-leading innovative platforms that can support the scale of our organization. Our team’s unique mix of skill sets include software and infrastructure engineering, DevOps, content consulting, vendor management, network engineering, etc. As such, we are uniquely positioned to offer intellectual challenges to the engineers whose responsibility it is to ensure we remain at the top of the highly competitive landscape.
Market Data Services is looking for a software engineer to work as part of the Global Engineering team. This individual will develop and support a number of home grown and open source solutions designed to support the needs of the consumers throughout the Bank, as well as further the state of the art by contributing to Open Source projects.
Individual capabilities and responsibilities will include:
- Working within a team construct to vet and implement critical solutions
- Capable of find a balance between best of breed and cost effective solutions
- Act as a positive team player that is capable of accepting different intellectual points of view
- Excellent English language verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze and articulate problems and provide input into solutions
- Able to defend proposed solutions and take on constructive feedback
- Provide 3rd level support to operational roles
- A respect for strong process and control management disciplines
- Agility - be ready to quickly refine good ideas and sacrifice bad ones without taking offence
- Be focused on a goal, not the specifics of the code you author
Information flow is a life blood of financial companies, and making sure it is properly managed is critical to JP Morgan. Over the past decade the volume of market and internal data flowing through our systems has outpaced ability of downstream systems to efficiently process it. An innovative Big Data system for accessing such information is being built by MDS to allow application developers and end users to stop worrying about mechanics of the data flow and start focusing on the value of the content. Still in early stages of its lifecycle, this application needs talented engineers with passion for changing the way people think about data.
- 5 years of Java programming experience
- Understanding of Network Protocols
- Experience developing and working with Linux servers
- Scripting including csh, sh, Perl, or Python
“Soft” skills required:
- Creativity and ability to “think on your feet”
- Clear and concise communicator, able to explain and understand technical terms, as well as translate them into simple concepts for lay persons
- Experience in J2EE frameworks like Spring, Hibernate a strong plus
- Knowledgeable in Market Data or messaging products (i.e. TREP, Vela, RedLine, Bloomberg BPIPE, Solace, AMPS, etc.) are a strong plus.
Java, Perl, Python
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran