Chase Consumer and Community Banking (CCB) serves 50 million customers with a broad range of consumer financial services, including personal banking, investment advice, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments and auto financing. Our 160,000 employees serve our customers by following Chase's Five Keys to A Great Customer Experience.
As a Chase employee, you'll be part of a company that makes a real difference every day for our customers, our communities and ourselves. With a focus on customer service, you'll put others first, do what's right and create solutions that make lives better. We invite you to build your career on our strong foundation and help shape what's next for you and for us.
UI/UX designers, business developers, graphics designers, user experience research, user strategy, project managers, copywriters and other creative professionals comprise the teams within the Digital Customer Experience Organization (dCE). These professionals are responsible for delivering unique and innovative designs and experiences across organizations, applications, products and offerings. Diverse backgrounds range across design agencies, mobile handset manufacturers, financial institutions, mobile carriers, startups and content providers.
Chase Digital is looking for a profoundly engaged experience design leader to join us. In this role, you will be part of a multi disciplinary team of designers, planners and researchers committed to designing the future of banking.
This leadership role requires a deep understanding of experience design for digital products and services of all kinds, sizes, shapes and contexts.
The Lead will help set the direction, vision, and methodology for a growing team in our NY studio and set the bar for quality by example, with energy and passion. This will require a strong point of view on design, handson creation of experiences, developing strategies for implementation within a complex ecosystem and building meaningful relationships within the organization. An understanding of the principles of digital accessibility preferred.
A usercentric view is paramount for the role, while providing simple, fun and innovatively enriching mobile experiences for our customers. You will be working in a fastpaced environment alongside our design systems, graphics, architecture, product and engineering teams to deliver new experiences through effective artifacts (from Customer Journeys & Ecosystem Maps to Participatory Design Prototypes & Wireframes). A balanced understanding of strategy, research, interaction and visual design is a must for the role.
Finally, you are a customer experience advocate and leader, excited about our customer’s lives through simple, intelligent and enriching products and experiences.
- 10+ years of experience in experience design and graphic / visual development required
- BFA or BA in related field, graduate design degree preferred
- Team management experience
- Ability to synthesize complex, interdependent, and sometimes competing needs Effective communication of design solutions across roles & levels
- Awareness and practical understanding of current technologies and their application and relevance to digital experiences
- Proven understanding of responsive web & mobile application design and wireframe development
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Thrives in a fastpaced, collaborative, teamoriented, crossfunctional environment
- Ability to influence others and provide thought leadership on design
- Actively listens, hears and understands what is said and not said, and with nuanced comprehension of meaning and intent
- Team work: Develops and sustains effective and cooperative working relationships with direct reports, peers, managers and other internal or external stakeholders
- Flexibility/adaptability (ability to change direction based upon team and stakeholder consensus)