As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
The development team is a cross-functional team responsible for the end-to-end, full stack development of the application. While each team member has a primary skill set, they are also expected to learn and contribute to areas outside of their primary skill set. The team is highly collaborative and values continuous improvement and open communication
- Communicating effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals at all levels
- Understanding business processes and mapping them to solutions
- Developing subject matter expertise with initiative goals and objectives as well as with application existing functions and services
- Developing spec-by-example frameworks to capture primary functional requirements and support identification of acceptance criteria with follow-up drill down to test cases
- Leading Product Backlog Refinement sessions with Product Owner to groom features for upcoming sprints. Working with Product Owner to prioritize features.
- Creating Automated Unit Tests using Flexible/Open Source Frameworks
- Working with the team to translate business requirements into solution designs for new modules/functionality in partnership with SMEs
- Working with global team of developers; operational and product business SMEs and users
- Writing mission critical software in the core technologies listed below
- Contributing to architectural/design feasibility discussions, prototype development and code reviews.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5+ years recent hands-on software development work experience in large-scale distributed technology projects
- Hands-on experience with business systems analysis and quality assurance disciplines
- Solid Java and Web Development technology experience in many of the following technologies:
- C# / .NET / ASP.NET / MVC
- Core Java (version 8) with knowledge of Java 1.8 features
- Java Frameworks i.e. Spring; Hibernate
- Spring Boot
- Automation (TDD, BDD)
- UI Frameworks (HTML5, Ember, Angular)
- RESTful microservice, Cloud development
- RDBMS experience exposure (Oracle/MS SQL Server)
- Log Management with Splunk or ELK
- Experience working with a Distributed Cache (Gemfire, Hazel, Memcache)
- Multi-threaded Programming and Transaction Handling (JMS, Database)
- Source code control software (e.g. Git, subversion),
- Experience working on high throughput mission critical high performance platforms which have low error rates
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.