J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
- We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
- We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
- We operate in more than 100 markets.
- We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
The Technology team at our GSCs service all Lines of Business and Enterprise Technology in helping build and operate innovative industry leading solutions. The breadth of capabilities within the Technology team at the GSC enables it to support the firm in leading edge areas such as Digital, Big data analytics, Robotics & Machine Learning.
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is a leading asset manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
Clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns
More than 650 investment professionals providing over 200 different strategies spanning the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity
Leadership positions in America, U.K., Continental Europe, Asia, and Japan
About the Role and project
The candidate will function as an Applications Developer within the Global Wealth Management Technology group with a focus on Derivatives Technology. Derivatives Technology consists of the application stack used to support derivatives trade life cycle, including capture, lifecycle event processing, reporting and governance. The role will involve architecture, design and development of a suite of applications using Java/J2EE technologies. This candidate will be expected to possess both a technical and financial domain skills and should also have strong communication and analytical skills
- Ability to plan, work and build software in a DevOps compatible manner. I.e. Software Build and production support model.
- Be a part of Scrum team to deliver technology solutions in an Agile fashion including, but not limited to, sprint planning, complexity analysis, standup calls, and sprint retrospectives.
- Design, analyze, develop, code, debug and document programming to satisfy business requirements for large, complex projects.
- Adhere to firm-wide architecture standards, risk management and security policies.
- Deliver on Java and RDBMS based technologies for the Derivatives business
- Design the technical architecture for new applications and changes to existing applications.
- Ability to work closely with product owners and business team to translate requirements into technical specifications and runbooks in support of application builds.
- Perform application development build tasks and perform application coding in J2EE and RDBMS technologies along with select vendor applications.
- Communicate timely build status on development items to management team, as well as raise/work to resolve issues impacting development.
- Assist in support of applications post Production.
- Overall Team Management, Interviewing/Recruiting, Performance Management of team members
- Navigate the wider technology organization; build relationships to help manage the team's agenda with our critical technology partners
- Participate in strategic planning, design and delivery of projects
- Participate in quality assurance, peer reviews and code reviews
- Minimum 6 years of hands-on experience with Java, J2EE and related technologies and software development life cycle (SDLC)
- A minimum of 4 or more years of experience managing a development team in an agile environment
- Proven ability to work with a project team to develop a strategy, technical solution, and ultimately to implement high quality technical solutions
- Strong Java/J2EE design and programming skills
- Strong experience with messaging (e.g. MQ)
- Working knowledge of Tomcat/Apache application servers
- Hands-on experience with Spring and Hibernate frameworks
- Knowledge of standard build and deployment tools such as Eclipse, Maven, Git/Stash, Ant, and Jira
- Experience with database development and design including experience with Oracle and/or Sybase
- Demonstrated experience with OO design patterns/frameworks, including application integration frameworks
- Ability to multi-task and engage productively on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to balance application development and application support needs
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to communicate complex issues to technical and non-technical audiences that include peers, partners, and senior IT and Business management
- Development Experience with XML and RESTful web services desirable
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Financial Services Domain knowledge - Equity/Fixed Income Product Knowledge, Securities Trade and Position Management, Reconciliation knowledge
Desirable (but not essential):
- Experience in Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Hadoop or any other Cloud technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate to all project members and stakeholders
- Must be a team player who works well with technical and non-technical resources
- Must have team leadership skills in delegating and coordinating work in all aspects of the SDLC
- Ability to deal with and navigate difficult situations through strong teamwork and a focus on resolution
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills