About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Asia Institutional Settlements Operations team is responsible to support Japanese Equities and Fixed Income settlements (Cash and SBL trades) and corporate action controls for JPMSJ and J.P. Morgan Affiliates for whom JPMSJ is a custodian for Japanese products (Equities & Fixed Income).
The team reports to the Operations manager locally in Manila and work together closely to support business and clients.
Job Functions / Responsibilities:
As a senior team member in Securities Operations, you will execute error free operations and identify and escalate any exceptions. You will comply with the firms policies and SOPs; identify opportunities for process efficiency and implement in a controlled manner (highlight recurring issues/question rationale behind each process and understand cascading impacts); and exhibit effective communication with key stakeholders. You will also participate in training opportunities; enhance your skill set of the various processes within the department and cross train colleagues on individual processes. You will have a thorough knowledge of SOPs/related check points, act as a disciplined and positive team member, operate as one team and act and think like an owner and partner.
• Pre-matching & Settlement of Japanese Equities and Fixed income for JPMSJ and affiliate entities for cash trading and sales as well as SBL
• Pair-off/Netting of JGB and payment processing
• Perform day to day on settlement calculate funding estimation for JPMSJ
• Corporate Action control for Japanese Equities for JPMSJ and affiliate entities such as CA event capture and reporting, Dividend/Coupon claims processing etc.
• System to System & Nostro reconciliation and resolution.
• Generate regulatory report for FSA, BOJ and legal ledgers as stipulated by the regulation
• Generate reports for customers and other internal reports including MIS reports.
• Invoice controls and processing
• Participation in global and local projects including new business, system enhancements and market rule changes
• Process re-engineering to enhance efficiency and controls
• 3+ Experience in Investment Banking Middle Office/Operations
• Experience in Asset Servicing and Trade Management & Settlements.
• Experience of Funding management and forecasting, payment processing preferable
• Strong Control mindset and understanding of policies/regulations in the industry
• Flexibility to work on holidays / extended working hours on high volume days, if required
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work under dynamic environment and under pressure to meet deadlines and productivity/quality goals
Educational Background/ Professional qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Business
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.