J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
o We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
o We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
o We operate in more than 100 markets.
o We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
The role of the MBM Automation lead begins with process discovery. They will be integral to the evaluation of current state processes against our toolset, to recommend changes/enhancements to reduce risk, improve controls, and increase efficiency across Securities Operations. Tools available include reconciliation platforms, workflow tools, and Robotics Process Automation (RPA). The role ends with successful delivery of stable digital solutions rich in control and efficiency savings.
In addition, 2018 will see an emphasis on agreeing a solutions roadmap across product areas, senior stakeholders and our Business Engineers. This is the year of transparency and shared vision.
Critically, the VP who assumes this role will be relied upon to develop best practices within our functional team. The individual must be capable of locking down reliable and consistent practices in a complex business model - spanning the entirety of functions across Securities Operations.
While the role calls for a motivated individual contributor within a team driven to identify, develop and deliver innovative solutions, they will quickly assume the responsibilities of a functional lead in MBM who will manage a team of two more junior but highly effective staff. We are driven to constantly improve process capability while maintaining and improving quality standards in our plight for digitalization.
· Identify business needs, implement modifications to existing processes/design
implement solutions that improve efficiencies and mitigate risks which deliver positive financial impact. Manage key analysis and projects within scope of the business
· Take ownership to manage/improve processes from initial design through to completion, meeting key requirements with timely delivery
· Leverage own expertise and relationships, develops and communicates creative solutions based on functional and organizational considerations.
· Works with peers and leadership to manage and support key activities in the department. Owns and implements the proposed solutions including inception, implementation, and continuous improvement
· Manages key activities and projects in the group to support our group goals. Is guided by knowledge of the department and the business. Consults with or advises managers on projects and solutions
· Customer contact is internal with both department management and process owners. Will be tasked with developing systemic solutions to business problems/needs through analysis. Interacts with team members frequently in a supervisory capacity. Must have the ability to communicate with all levels of leadership
· Immediately identify process gaps through the proper escalation process to Business Engineers and team management
· Comply with bank policies at all times
· A Bachelors degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience of at least 6 years
· 7 or more years in process improvement, technology, and/or relevant business experience
· Intermediate knowledge and demonstrated use of digital and industry tools (Process Mapping, Business Requirements, SIPOC, VOC) is a must
· Thorough knowledge of systems and development processes and procedures
thorough understanding of other supportive departments are necessary
· Strong analytical, leadership, communications and problem-solving skills
· Proficiency in technical competencies is required
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.