Wealth Management – US Portfolio Specialist, ED
Req #: 180012593
Job Category: Asset Management
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management is made up of the Asset Management and Wealth Management.
With more than 160 years of experience, J.P. Morgan Private Bank is a global wealth management leader that delivers the highest quality advice, service, capabilities and products to high net worth individuals and families around the world. The Private Bank delivers highly customized and comprehensive solutions to help clients with the many complexities they face on their balance sheets. The Private Bank is involved with every facet of wealth management, including investments, liquidity and credit management, and tax and estate planning. The business model focuses on deep client relationships through an integrated team structure with a platform of depth and breadth.
The Private Bank CIO Team is comprised of market research, portfolio management and analytics professionals as well as a dedicated quantitative research team that oversees investment risk. The global team of 40 professionals has senior members based in New York, London, Geneva, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Sao Paulo. The team is responsible for the development of investment strategy, tactical and strategic asset allocation for over $260 billion in discretionary assets across multiple risk profiles, currencies, and domiciles.
The Global Portfolio Specialists are specifically focused on articulating our core CIO team investment methodology, current positioning, and technical insights across the Private Bank and Chase Wealth Management’s core investment offerings to clients and advisors. The team is primarily based in New York, with regional Specialists in London and Hong Kong.
- As a US Private Bank Regional Portfolio Specialist:
- Serve as a technical subject matter expert across core offerings, including investment philosophy and approach, macro views, strategic positioning, underlying managers, performance, etc.
- Partner with the local leadership team in driving long-term multi-asset flows across the coverage region
- Drive the creation of content related to positioning Core portfolios for external clients and prospects and for internal communications with the advisors
- Partner with Advisors to understand their client base, identify opportunities for new business growth and retention, and prepare for and participate in client meetings
- Educate the advisors through various presentations and discussions (e.g., team huddles, regional calls, global morning meetings, office-hours); help train new Advisors on how J.P. Morgan manages investments
- Serve as a go-to resource for client events and meetings related to the Core multi-asset portfolios and markets-related content
- Serve as a resource for Investment Specialists / Bankers and be available to educate clients directly on Core Portfolios
- Engage proactively in the investments dialogue directly with various investment teams (e.g., CIO, portfolio managers, manager selection)
- Continue to develop superior risk and control frameworks around the business area
The successful candidate will have:
- 10+ years of relevant experience, preferably experience of direct investing or client portfolio management at an Asset Management firm, Wealth Manager, Investment Bank, or Institutional Investor (e.g., Sovereign Wealth Fund, Endowment)
- Executive Director level experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to clearly and passionately articulate our investment process and views to a wide variety of audiences (one-on-one meetings to larger audiences at conferences and events)
- Strong technical skills related to global financial markets with preference for equity market expertise
- Demonstrated aptitude for sales and client relationship management
- Superior multi-tasking; strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience across asset classes with managed accounts, mutual funds, derivatives, index funds / ETFs, and individual securities
- Good judgment and discretion working with highly confidential information
- MBA and/or CFA preferred