As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
The Pre-trade team within Securities Lending Technology is looking to hire a highly motivated, hands-on Java Developer to join the NewYork team to build out the Securities Lending platform globally. The successful candidate will be responsible across the technology lifecycle from user/technical requirements, design, development, implementation and support of the Global Equity Finance and Securities Lending systems. The key focus will for the candidate will be to manage the build of the Realtime Position Management Application within Securities Lending.
- Advanced Java skills – Multithreading, hash maps etc
- Oracle SQL and Gemfire
- Good knowledge of Tibco EMS.
- Proficient at Linux. UNIX Shell and Perl. Scripting.
- Object oriented design and programming as well being at least familiar with design patterns with a pre-requisite.
- understanding of full software life cycle development processes including Agile processes.
- Enforces discipline across the software development lifecycle including test driven development.
- Help support our environment and effective utilization of the platform. Ensure that systems run well in production, are highly available at disaster recovery and have sufficient capacity.
- Senior Java developer with 8+ years’ experience
- Hands on java developer with wide exposure to enterprise technologies
- Core Java with Spring, Multi-threaded programming, Remote debugging
- Efficient storage and processing of large datasets, batching
- Relational database experience (DB2/Oracle/Sybase)
- SVN or GIT (GIT is a plus)
- JMS (TIBCO EMS and/or IBM MQ), JMX
- Ability to multi-task, handle production issues and work in a fast-paced environment
- Financial industry experience
- Working with any cache technologies (Gemfire/Coherence etc)
- Familiarity with JMX consoles like VisualVM, JConsole and memory tuning
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.