Trading Technology (or Market Data department) is a cross business technology team. The group works closely with its APAC & NA counterparts through a follow the sun mode on global issue resolution, shared processes and product rollouts.
- Provide technical support for the wide range of Market Data products and ECN & Datafeed connectivity (unicast and multicast)
- Responsible for 2nd/3rd line support for ‘traditional’ Market Data services/products such as Open Bloomberg, Datastream, Reuters FXT, EBS, Factset and Eikon etc.
- Responsible for 1st line support for the ECN connectivity via extranets such as Fixnetix, Radianz, TNS, leased line connectivity and cross connects
- Provide a knowledgeable and responsive reaction as issues arise, take part in the proactive monitoring of the environment, work within a strong change control environment and successfully plan/deliver small to medium sized projects such as product upgrades including coordinating/ decomms, process improvement initiatives, exchange driven changes
- Review and submit firewall requests on the LOB’s behalf to ensure accuracy
- Coordinate the packaging of Market Data applications
- Operate Management: Perform daily operational management of market data environment, capacity management and problem resolution activities
- Incident Management: Responsible for the efficient resolution of issues to minimize impact to clients including liasing with/coordination of end users, team members, management, vendors etc
- Change Management: Plan, schedule, test, implement, and document the change activities without impacting/ conflicting with other activities
- Process Improvement: Identify and implement areas for improvement within existing operational and technical processes and maintain related documentation
- Liasing with plan/build teams to ensure smooth transition from project to business as usual for new products and processes
- Responsible for working with vendors to drive technical strategy and delivery of application
The team provides 7AM to 7PM support Monday to Friday with the team members working a rolling shift pattern: Early (7AM – 4PM), Middle (9AM – 6PM) and Late (10AM – 7PM). On-call and weekend support follow a rolling shift across the group.
- Excellent knowledge of Market Data/ ECN products/network and firewall technologies. The products set supported includes the products already mentioned above plus direct exchange connectivity, EBS, Bloomberg AEP/MPF, CQG, Tradeweb, Brokertec, GFI CreditMatch, MarketAxess, Eurex Repo, Espeed and various other broker applications
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP and Multicast protocol
- Effective communicator with good written and verbal communication skills as contact with the trading floors, other support teams and vendors forms an important part of the role
- Strong coordination skills in managing vendors as part of issues or upgrades
- Technical trouble shooting experience with proven ability to manage high profile/time critical issues
- Previous experience of working in an environment with change management structures and processes plus problem ticketing and resolution systems (knowledge of ITL)
- Documentation diligence as the company has a strong ethos of knowledge management so essential to ensure internal records re. Versions/support arrangements/technical diagrams etc are updated following changes/upgrades diagrams etc are updated following changes/upgrades etc
- Previous experience of using monitoring/forensic tools
- Network security method and architecture
About JPMorgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its J.P. Morgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.