Managing Director or Executive Director, Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries – West Banking Group – Los Angeles, CA
Description: The position is a corporate banking Relationship Management role in the Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries West Banking Group, with a heavy emphasis on business development and market leadership. The primary functions are to 1) generate new business opportunities, 2) manage existing relationships, and 3) represent our West banking practice in select U.S. markets.
The West Banking Group is part of Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries within the Commercial Bank and is responsible for managing relationships with public and private companies with revenues of $500 million and above. We advise clients and prospects as they seek to raise debt and equity capital in the public, private and syndicated bank market. In addition we advise clients on Interest Rate Risk Management and Global Treasury Solutions.
The West Group focuses on companies located in Western states (California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, Idaho and Utah) that are users of investment banking products and traditional banking services, and generally have revenues larger than $500 million. Our business partners include Product Specialists from the Global Investment Bank (Syndications, Debt Capital Markets, Equity Capital Markets, M&A, etc), as well as Coverage Partners from Treasury Services & Private Banking.
This position requires an experienced relationship manager capable of driving business independently. The banker should have proven client relationship skills and an ability to call at the CEO/CFO level. Strong corporate finance, credit, and transaction execution skills are required. Corporate Banking and Investment Banking experience is preferred.
Specific responsibilities and required skills are listed below.
· Identify, pursue and close sales opportunities for a broad range of financial products and services
· Manage complex, multi-product client relationships as the primary relationship manager
· Coordinate the sales and service efforts of multiple internal business partners
· Proactively market clients and prospects; represent CCBSI’s West Banking Group in the local banking and business communities and develop a network of referral sources
· Collaborate with credit underwriting team on analysis, structuring, negotiation, and documentation of credit requests
· Initiate and maintain strategic dialogue with clients and prospects to generate ongoing corporate finance, treasury services and credit opportunities
· Strictly comply with all regulatory and JMPC rules, policies, and procedures
· Minimum of 10 years’ experience as an outstanding Client/Relationship Manager selling corporate finance or commercial banking products and services
· Knowledge and experience in Corporate Banking or Investment Banking is preferred
· Strong leadership abilities in financial services sales and business development
· Solid credit, analytical, and problem-solving skills
· Excellent oral and written communications abilities
· Knowledge of credit, corporate finance, treasury, investment banking, and other banking products; preferably with execution experience
· Self-motivated, dependable and intelligent
· Candidate must be a top individual contributor, with a strong performance track record
· Completion of a recognized bank credit training program or investment banking training program
· Possess (or obtain within three months of hire) FINRA Series 79 and 63 securities licenses
· MBA preferred
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.