WePay was recently acquired by JPMC with a plan to make it easy for business app makers and independent software vendors (ISVs) to seamlessly integrate payments into the software commonly used by small businesses. WePay and its employees will operate as Chase's payments innovation incubator in Silicon Valley.
WePay has uniquely enabled Constant Contact, GoFundMe, Meetup, and more than 1,000 other B2B and B2C platforms to provide integrated payments processing without compromising on their user experience or taking on additional risk and regulatory exposure. WePay is a two-time honoree on the Inc. 500 fastest growing private companies list and has grown in size and scale over the past nine years. It has earned recognition on San Francisco and Silicon Valley “Best Places to Work” lists for an open, supportive culture that focuses on delighting customers and employees and offers all the usual perks (free lunch daily, subsidized gym membership, Responsible Time Off, etc.). In 2017, the payment processing arm of JPMorgan Chase & Co. acquired WePay after leaders from the two organizations got to know each other and realized that – together - they could be unstoppable in the integrated payments space. With its founding CEO, WePay continues to operate as an independent organization and the payments incubator for Chase.
Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide.
The Chief Revenue Officer, reporting to WePay CEO, will lead all sales and customer success efforts.
This highly visible role is critical to our future. You will have a direct impact in spearheading WePay’s and JPMC’s future in the Silicon Valley as JPMC being seen as a technology leader. You will be instrumental as WePay, with the backing of JPMC, builds out a Tech Hub on the Peninsula. This individual's ability to qualify, manage and close large deals has direct impact on the future of WePay, from our revenue generation to the evolution of our product offering. As a member of WePay’s senior leadership team, you will be responsible for selling an unconventional payments service in a unique, niche market. This individual will be responsible for a wide range of sales responsibilities including investigating opportunities, developing relationships, educating prospects, managing integration processes and closing new partnerships. Additionally, this role will partner closely with the JPMC team, particularly within the Commercial Bank and Merchant Services, to leverage the footprint of the broader firm. The Chief Revenue Officer will work closely and collaboratively with the broader Merchant Services cross-functional leadership teams including the CFO, COO, Chief Product Officer and SVP, Engineering. This role will also be responsible for on-going recruiting and the engagement of our customer facing team and will represent the voice of the customer at the senior leadership table.
team is growing fast! WePay continues to expand the services we offer,
the countries we operate in and the partners we work with. Our culture is one
of authenticity and inclusion.
· 10+ years’ experience in enterprise software sales or payments industry sales, including at least 5 years in a senior executive role
· Build a results-oriented, customer intimate & consultative sales culture.
· Drive payment volume and revenue growth.
· Oversee all WePay customer relationships, both new and existing
· Partner closely with counterparts at J.P. Morgan Chase to leverage the distribution and capabilities of the broader firm.
· Manage the team that prospects, signs & integrates new partners
· Manage the team that helps grow existing partnerships
· Represent WePay’s revenue & long-term revenue forecast to the WePay management team and Merchant Services leadership team.
· Recruit, engage and retain best-in-class sales talent
· Build a comprehensive sales training process for WePay sales executives and Chase relationship managers.
· Represent the voice of the customer internally at WePay and at J.P. Morgan Chase and drive a culture of customer intimacy.
· Successful experience in a regulated industry
· End-to-End mindset for problem solving (Business Development, Operations, Marketing, Sales, Partner)
· As a leader within Merchant Services, the individual must be comfortable with autonomous decision-making, accountability in a highly matrixed environment, and leading by example
· The executive is expected to act with a sense of urgency, maintain clear focus on priorities and direct efforts in such a way as to meet or exceed set goals and objectives
· Exceptional leadership skills including vision, creativity, presence, and credibility that translate into a collaborative and flexible leadership style, with a strong service mentality
· Ability to set and manage accountabilities and expectations at all levels - team members, peers, business partners and key stakeholders and executive management across the CCB leadership
obtain and analyze critical business needs to challenge the status quo through
innovative and deliberate thought leadership
- Undergraduate degree required, advanced degree preferred
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.