As an experienced Infrastructure Engineering professional, you'll be making decisions of a global, strategic nature that impact our customers, clients, and businesses around the globe. Your expertise in analyzing complex data systems, anticipating problems, and finding ways to mitigate risk, will be key in leading a high performing team to successfully design and navigate the program roadmap. By incorporating your knowledge of business drivers, you will affect change and lead development of innovative improvements and world-class practices. Your team will be responsible for driving results, and implementing multiple, complex programs that span the breadth of the business, and they’ll look to you to provide the technical leadership to move them forward. And while you will be part of a tight-knit team that shares your passion for technology, you’ll also gain access the best minds in the business—both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important tech firms in the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Advanced knowledge in the following key areas: Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations), Hardware Benchmarking (Agile, program managements, network management), Design (compliance, security), Network Engineering (planning, provision)
- Advanced understanding of business technology drivers and their impact on architecture design, performance and monitoring, best practices and JPMC policies
- Proficient in multiple infrastructure technologies
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, launch and deliver multiple IT projects on time and within budget
- Ability to articulate to more experienced management a technical strategy in clear, concise, understandable terms
- The Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB) Technology Data Center team is responsible for executing the firms DC strategy for CIB.
- The Data Center team resides in the CIB Infrastructure services group under CIB Tech Production Management. The CIB Tech Data Center works closely with Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) and business aligned application teams. We manage the end to end application migrations from legacy data centers and legacy infrastructure platforms to strategic target states. CIB Tech follows a proven methodology for managing the application migration from analysis to migration and subsequent decommission of existing infrastructure.
The CIB Tech Data Center works closely with Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) and business aligned application teams. We manage the end to end application migrations from legacy data centers and legacy infrastructure platforms to strategic target states. CIB Tech follows a proven methodology for managing the application migration from analysis to migration and subsequent decommission of existing infrastructure.
Keys to the success of the Data Center program is strong management of dependencies, documentation of requirements to support the technology road map, governance, adherence to internal CIB controls, and acting as a Facilitator between AD and GTI.
As the NA Migration Program Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering against the objectives of the Global Data Centre rationalization strategy in EMEA or NAMR
- Reporting to the Global Program Director you will own the end to end delivery of the regional program
- Working closely with Global team located in EMEA, NAMR, and APAC
- Working closely with the Global Business Aligned Production Management, Application Development, and GTI teams to execute strategic plans
- Ensuring target solutions utilize strategic and optimized platforms to drive stability whilst optimizing fiscal expenditures
- RESOURCE MANAGEMENT – Direct management of internal resources and external consultants, both onshore and offshore.
- PROGRAMME GOVERNANCE – Ownership of end to end governance of the programme including
- APPLICATION MIGRATION GOVERNANCE – Oversight and governance of end-to-end management of applications throughout the data centre exit.
- STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT AND GOVERNANCE – management of key stakeholder communications with impacted LOB’s, Internal stakeholders and senior management
- MIGRATION SCHEDULE MANAGEMENT – ensure program schedule is governed in a manner that ensures timelines deliverables are met.
- RISK AND ISSUE MANAGEMENT – review of risks and issues that impact the program regionally, escalating risks and issues as necessary to the global program director.
- ACTION MANAGEMENT – Ensure that actions are appropriate captured and managed for the duration of the program
- MIGRATION PHASE MANAGEMENT – Oversight and governance of the program life cycle that covers the following phases :- Analysis, Design, Provisioning, Configuration, Testing, Migration and Decommission
- EXCEPTION MANAGEMENT – Management of exceptions and escalations from internal LOB customers and external core technology stakeholders, that impact plan delivery or contravene technology standards or controls
Qualifications required here:
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of distributed infrastructure and core data center infrastructure principles
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge with physical to virtual migration programs
- Experience with Data Center Migration projects or other significant infrastructure programs
- Prefer experience with container solutions such as Docker,
- Demonstrate experience with managing third party resources and maintaining relationship.
- Proven ability to prioritize and deliver multiple projects in parallel
- Must be comfortable communicating clearly and concisely with senior level stakeholders
- Banking or Financial markets background a plus but not essential
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.