JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase
Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries We serve more than 50 million consumers and small businesses through more than 5,600 bank branches, 18,700 ATMs, credit cards, mortgage offices and online and mobile banking as well as through relationships with auto dealerships.
Within Chase, Consumer Banking provides great products and an outstanding customer experience at over 5,600 branches and 18,700 ATMs in 23 states, as well as online and over the phone.
As a Chase employee, you’ll be part of a company that makes a real difference every day for our customers, our communities and ourselves. With a focus on customer service, you’ll put others first, do what’s right and create solutions that make lives better. We invite you to build your career on our strong foundation and help shape what’s next – for you and for us.
As a Business Analyst, you will serve as liaison between IT and business end-users. Work with the business to analyze business requirements and review/produce specifications for any new/change to technology applications. Work with the Technical Analyst and development team to ensure that they understand the specifications. Work with training team to document system scenarios and identify roles impacted and helps develop a change management/training plan. Conduct business process modeling and generate
- Identify, assess, and document business requirements, recommending business priorities, and advising business on options, risks, and costs.
- Conduct research to determine if solutions to business requirements currently exist within or outside the business unit, and if not, whether new solutions are feasible.
- Analyze impact of proposed solution across the business, develop use cases to explain/demonstrate business requirements/specifications to IT team, and contribute a business or process perspective during design reviews.
- Assist Quality Management team to ensure that requirements documentation can be easily translated into test plans, and ensure that the proper testing plans have been completed.
- Facilitate implementation of new functionality through training sessions, demos, and the development of appropriate documentation.
- Provide relevant test scenarios for the testing team.
- Work with test team to develop system integration test scripts and ensure the testing results correspond to the business expectations.
- College degree, or specialized training or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of severn years of relevant work experience
- Experience setting up test scenarios
- Experience/understanding of business process re-engineering and business modeling concepts, business systems development and analysis
- Awareness of the business and IT strategy
- Basic understanding of the company's business practices and familiarity with the company's products and services
- Strong analytical skills and writing skills, to include solid experience in writing functional and technical specifications
- Line of Business experience a plus
- Agile experience required