About JP Morgan Asset & Wealth Management
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
AWM Fraud Management is a reasonably new function that was created to centralize and drive fraud prevention activities across AWM. The new function will drive and coordinate fraud prevention awareness and training activities across a number of partner organizations such as Client Service, Risk, Cyber Security, Technology and Oversight & Control to ensure the business is well positioned to meet the both present and future fraud threats that impact the business.
The position is a newly created position reporting to the Fraud Awareness and Governance Lead for AWM. The role holder will be a critical part of the build out of the fraud prevention strategy to protect the assets of both JPM AWM clients and also the firm itself, with a focus on the Asset Management (AM) business. The key functions of the role holder will be:
· Fraud Awareness Strategy Build for Asset Management (AM) – Creation and execution of a fraud strategy for the AM based on AM’s fraud risk appetite. The role holder will build a strategy to support the Asset Wealth Management roadmap that is a key pillar of the Asset & Wealth Management business. The role holder will also execute on the strategy to ensure the appropriate awareness materials are developed and distributed to both employees and clients. This will ensure AM employees globally and client base is protected from fraud. A key outcome of this strategy will be that employees will be able to speak confidently with clients regarding fraud trends and the clients understand the fraud trends and prevention best practices.
· Leverage of Firmwide capabilities in CIB/CCB – Partner CIB and CCB Fraud teams to identify opportunities to further leverage the fraud protection capabilities provide for AWM, and determine how their capabilities can provide AM can better benefit from their capabilities. The role holder will need to ensure that their ongoing build of software and capability aligns to the needs of the AWM business. The role holder will need to build credibility quickly in the AM space to ensure that both CCB and CIB are open to having their roadmaps influenced for the benefit of AWM.
· Cybersecurity & Technology Controls Liaison - Work with Corporate and AWM Cybersecurity and Technology Controls team to identify key opportunities that the teams can partner together deliver solutions beneficial for Asset Management employees and clients. The role holder will also need to ensure the fraud prevention message to institutional clients is consistent across teams.
· Industry Liaison – The role holder will need to be credible not just within JPMC but also credible with their industry peers globally. This will require the ability to be comfortable facing off to industry leaders in the US. Europe and Asia.
· Fraud Loss Mitigation – AWM leverages significant capabilities within other LOBs. The role holder will need to review processes in place and re-engineer these where appropriate to ensure client experience and risk management are optimized. Documented Service level agreements need to be built to ensure transparency
· Strong presentation and communication skills – Understanding of how to manage senior stakeholder communications and strong communication skills in order to ensure stakeholders understand the remediation plans for significant fraud issues.
· Cross LOB experience – Strong understanding of the differences in fraud transaction monitoring in a consumer and a corporate environment is highly desired.
· Asset Management experience – Good understanding of money movement processes for Asset Management and the organization
· Links to other Financial Institutions – Ability to build credibility with other financial institutions and maintain strong relationships with the institutions.