Chase is the U.S. consumer and community banking (CCB) business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. We serve more than 50 million consumers and small businesses through more than 5,600 bank branches, 18,700 ATMs, credit cards, mortgage offices and online and mobile banking as well as through relationships with auto dealerships. Consumer Banking provides great products and an outstanding customer experience at over 5,600 branches and 18,700 ATMs in 23 states, as well as online and over the phone.
Chase CCB (Consumer & Community Banking) is undertaking an aggressive digital transformation agenda, which builds on the success of the current mobile and online service offerings. Chase is investing in innovative ways to deepen customer engagement and profitability through the use of digital channels. The ambition is to position Chase as the undisputed leader in digital financial services and payments and to enable Chase to deliver the highly personalized, real time experiences that customers increasingly expect.
The online and mobile channels for Chase CCB currently support more than 32 million active customers; 9 million customers interact with us daily, making Chase the most visited banking portal in the US. Within Consumer and Community Banking, the Digital IT team is responsible for setting and executing strategies that align with business objectives and drive innovation across Chase Online and Mobile, helping to establish the best Digital banking customer experience in the industry.
The CCB Digital Business Services team, is chartered with managing and directing the business services supporting major externally facing application components (web and native mobile apps) focusing on the discipline of functional delivery in the area of customer login, product enrolment, and data sourcing across the JPMorgan Chase & Co. enterprise.
Technical Analyst Responsibility
• Perform impact analysis on platform & project-specific technical topics
• Lead design discussions within the team and with other technology partners and project managers
• Work with product, business and application teams to write technical user stories for a SOA/services/messaging development team
• Research code to determine current system functionality
• Execute testing of REST and SOAP web services using tools like Soap UI/ Ready API to verify that the services meet the acceptance criteria defined in the user stories
• Check logs using Splunk to investigate any requirements or issues related to the project and/or addressed to the team
• Facilitate communication between the project stakeholders and technology teams
• Create knowledge artifacts and share/upload them in Confluence for the team’s reference
• Bachelor’s Degree within a technical field
• 3-5 years of hands-on experience as a Business Systems Analyst, Systems Analyst, Technical Analyst or in a related discipline with an emphasis on delivering cutting-edge technology within finance
• Ability to read Java code and service definitions in order to understand existing system behaviour
• Experience working with Spring, SOAP, REST, Micro services, XML and JSON message formats in a shared services/enterprise level organization
• Strong understanding of BDD/TDD and experience writing technical user stories in JIRA using industry standard notations like Gherkins
• Well versed with common Agile terms and methodology and using tools like JIRA and Confluence.
• Understanding of SQL, stored procedure and database scripting
• Understanding of software development processes and procedures
• Experience using the IDEs such as Eclipse, IDEA IntelliJ, GIT, Bitbucket
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to forge lasting relationships with other scrum team members
• Familiarity with service-oriented environments, and better development practices
Preferred Knowledge and Experience
• Retail/Consumer banking and investment products
• Appreciation of responsive web design
• Fluent with modern web technologies and web application frameworks
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.