JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The Corporate Responsibility (CR) department is responsible for the development and implementation of the firm’s CR agenda and initiatives by crafting goals, policies and initiatives that align with and support the firm’s business strategies and operational objectives in the communities that we serve. The CR department is composed of Global Government Relations, Global Philanthropy, Office of Nonprofit Engagement, Sustainable Finance, and the JPMorgan Chase Institute.
• Minimum 3 years senior administrative experience or other senior level support role (in government or with high level ED or MD/SVP or equivalent).
JPMorgan Chase’s State & Local Government Relations (GR) team engages with policymakers and represents the firm before state and local governments across the United States. GR focuses on legislative issues impacting the firm, supporting business development with government clients, and promoting the firm as a responsible corporate citizen, among other items.
The Corporate Responsibility Specialist is based in New York, NY, and will support the Head of State & Local Government Relations and team members. Day-to-day responsibilities include: assisting with policymaker engagement; project support on financial services issues; and administrative activities to support the work of the team.
This position provides both project and administrative support. Project support duties include assisting with preparing presentations, organizing meeting materials, and tracking project deliverables; maintaining databases and spreadsheets; and supporting event preparation. Administrative duties include scheduling meetings and appointments, booking travel, processing expense statements, reserving conference rooms, and answering phones as necessary.
The successful candidate will possess great attention to detail, high energy and flexibility, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven organization. This individual will need to work well in a team environment, be able to represent the manager/group with professional courtesy and acumen, coordinate various moving pieces into consolidated work product, and deliver flawless work output. The duties and administrative functions will require confidentiality, initiative, sound decision-making, political sensitivity, independent judgment, and the ability to escalate serious or unique problems to higher levels. Prior experience in government or a government relations setting is a plus.
Project Support Responsibilities
• Gatekeeper of all contact with the public, clients and staff coming through the office of the Head of State & Local Government Relations
• Assist with presentations, meeting materials, and tracking project deliverables
• Provide meeting support for executive visits, meetings and events, and assist with follow-up
• Monitor issues related to financial services, legislative and political developments as directed
• Maintain databases and spreadsheets for the entire team
• Manage extensive and complex calendars in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Schedule internal and external meetings, including logistics such as conference rooms, events, and catering
• Screen incoming calls to determine priority while using caution in dispensing information
• Respond and follow-up on calls, emails and other inquiries on managers’ behalf
• Arrange and maintain extensive travel plans and itineraries for travel
• Reconcile and complete expense reports as needed, working with other administrative staff
• Self-starter, ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment with colleagues across lines of business and around the globe.
• Tech-savvy, including web maintenance/design, PowerPoint, and Excel skills.
• Learn the key functions of JPMC lines of business and understand the importance of CR support of business needs.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with the ability to produce high quality communications to individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of the team to ensure that the needs of the group are always met and that adequate assistant coverage is provided to the group.
• Tasks, whether routine or urgent, are completed successfully and in a timely manner.
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
• Maintain familiarity with all firm policy and technology updates.
• Maintain confidentiality of information.
• Complete other administrative / general tasks as assigned in a timely manner.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.