Card Services - Contactless Product Manager, VP
Req #: 180008661
Job Category: Product Management
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com. Chase Consumer & Community Banking serves nearly 60 million households and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business banking and lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. Chase Card Services consists of two businesses: Consumer and Small Business and Commercial Card. The No. 1 credit card issuer in the U.S. based on loans outstanding.
Consumer and Small Business offers a broad array of credit cards to meet the needs of individual consumers and small businesses. Our portfolio includes Chase-branded credit cards - Sapphire, Freedom, Ink and Slate as well as co-branded credit cards offered in partnership with well-known brands and organizations, including AARP, Amazon, Disney, Marriott, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, and many others in the United States and Canada.
Chase is seeking a highly effective and innovative VP, Product Manager to build out the operational and technical requirements for contactless card experience. In this role, the candidate will drive strategy for card contactless experience enabling customers to make contactless payment with the greatest convenience wherever and whenever they make purchases. The individual will partner closely with other business groups to create product strategy and collaborate effectively to ensure a smooth implementation. Collaboration with other business and product owners, as well as other cross-functional support groups will be required to deliver a successful launch and a seamless customer experience.
The ideal candidate understands the broader payment landscape and is able to identify and tangibly bring to the life the evolution of contactless payment experience. Comprehensive understanding of product management, the technical requirements and project management is critical. He or she must quickly ramp-up on existing work and quickly develop a roadmap to drive business objectives forward. This role will specifically require a deep sense of teamwork and walls-down approach in order to succeed.
- Define the product strategy to align with the business strategy in order to deliver optimal customer experience and successful implementation
- Partner with cross-functional teams to build out the customer experience, create feature requirements, identify and solve potential roadblocks, and manage timeline for implementation
- Collaborate across the organization to lead, align, and maintain productive partnerships throughout the lifecycle thru implementation
- Engage closely with the engineering and cross-functional stakeholders to define a roadmap that meets business and consumer needs, while meeting critical deadlines and budget constraints
- Understand, manage, and communicate prioritization of features, with a mind toward user and business benefits and tradeoffs.
- Responsible for driving plans to execution, deployment, and refinement
- Manage risk and regulatory items including NBIA related to the launch of new products
5 years minimum card product management or product development experience – credit card experienced required
Solid track record of success in leading large-scale initiatives across various teams and demonstrated experience of effective cross-functional collaboration
Understanding of concepts related to EMV chip card and the technical requirements. EMV chip card experience. Certified Smart Card Industry Professional (CSCIP) credential a plus, but not required
Ability to understand and communicate both the business and technical aspects of chip card effectively across organization
- Manage product strategy and roadmap development including: concept assessment, customer experience measurement and documentation, concept prioritization, market and requirements documentation.
- Creative problem solver, capable of developing innovative and differentiated solutions
- Ability to influence stakeholders with diverse points of view and maintain grounded and productive discussions;
- Structured thinker, effective communicator with excellent written communication skills and presentation skills
- Experience in compliance and operational controls a plus