Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries We serve more than 50 million consumers and small businesses through more than 5,600 bank branches, 18,700 ATMs, credit cards, mortgage offices and online and mobile banking as well as through relationships with auto dealerships.
Within Chase, Chase Wealth Management encompasses our Chase Private Client (CPC) and Chase Investment Services businesses. Through a dedicated team of a banker and J.P. Morgan Advisor, Chase Private Client brings our affluent clients concierge banking from Chase and access to the investment expertise from J.P. Morgan. Chase Investment Services provides investment solutions to a broad range of Chase customers through Chase Investment Advisors.
As a Chase employee, you’ll be part of a company that makes a real difference every day for our customers, our communities and ourselves. With a focus on customer service, you’ll put others first, do what’s right and create solutions that make lives better. We invite you to build your career on our strong foundation and help shape what’s next – for you and for us.
Overview of Role:
Support the Investment Product Team by servicing inquiries from Financial Advisors (FAs) and Private Client Advisors (PCAs) ranging from questions on specific investment views and strategies (including portfolio composition and performance) to how current economic and market conditions impact our portfolio positioning. This position will also help advisors with marketing material and navigating resources. The Investment Product Associate will support the Investment Product Group’s initiatives, which may include advisor outreach programs, coordinating advance education meetings and strategy deep dive sessions.
- Provide expertise to PCAs and FAs on investment products and capital markets, including product strategy and solution details, investment themes and views from JPMorgan economists and strategists.
- Respond to inbound calls from advisors and sales assistants
- Manage incoming mailbox in an expedient manner with detail and accuracy
- Proactively generate ideas to help educate the sales force on current market conditions, new strategy offerings and new regulations
- Compose daily commentary that recaps major market news, key economic releases and their investment implications
- Other ad hoc responsibilities include maintaining and updating material on the CWM intranet, equity portfolio analyses regarding overweight/underweight positioning and fixed income portfolio analyses regarding cash flow figures
Chase Chief Economist Support
- Complete research projects for Chase Chief Economist through aggregating and analyzing key economic data and news on financial markets.
- Support Economist with editing economic research papers, researching speaking engagement topics and obtaining market research data as requested
- Bachelor's degree
- Preferably 2- 3 years of experience in financial services focused on investment products
- Candidates should have firm understanding and interest in financial markets and instruments
- Series 7 and 66 registration (or obtained within 4 months)
- Above average Excel skills and proficient in PowerPoint
- Strong written skills – ability to write and edit commentary as assigned
- Strong communication skills – to convey investment ideas to advisors and to escalate issues as needed
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi task and meet deadlines
- Must be able to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability and ability to work under pressure while maintaining accuracy
- Proactive, self-starter who is comfortable working as part of a team and independently