CIB - Global Research - EMEA Equity Research – Diversified Financials – Associate – London
J.P. Morgan has a unique global franchise in Equity Research and a career in Equity Research is fast-paced, demanding and intellectually stimulating. The main purpose of Equity Research is to provide advice to institutional investors about the shares they should buy or sell to make profits for their clients, and we work closely with colleagues in Equity cash sales, cash sales trading and trading to do this. Our strong research franchise with institutional investors, the market insights we develop, and the close relationships we establish with the companies we cover are also very valuable to internal clients such as IB, Derivatives, Credit & Rates, and Private Equity.
An opening has arisen for an experienced analyst to work within the Equity Research Diversified Financials team in London.
• Support the lead analyst across the sector focusing on broader sector themes and stocks in the Diversified Financial sector.
• The JPM Diversified Financials team has the market leading corporate broking franchise.
• Communicate and form strong relationships with Buy-side, Sales & Trading, and Industry participants
• Work with senior colleagues in the team to provide thought-leadership to institutional clients with respect to the sector
• Stay abreast of company and industry developments
• Prepare analysis and write research publications on a regular basis
• Support and help produce sector research
• Support the development and training of supporting analyst(s) in the team
• Travel for marketing worldwide, both alone and with other team members
• Maintain and update financial models and material for investment analysis
Prior experience gained on the sell-side, buy-side or investment banking will be a significant advantage. The candidate needs to be able to write well, be able to independently analyse companies and stocks, and to be able to deal confidently with people at all levels of the organisation and J.P. Morgan clients in the asset management industry.
• Diversified Financials sector experience preferable but not essential; interest in the Financials sector and the stock market is essential
• Financial markets experience (sell-side, buy-side or investment banking/M&A) preferred, with excellent knowledge of how equity markets work
• Strong analytical, numerical and quantitative skills
• Excellent written communication skills, with ability to write impactful short and longer pieces
• Excellent verbal communication skills, with confidence and ability to successfully present, debate and defend ideas
• Ambitious, hard-working, with attention to detail and capacity to show initiative
• Reliable team player as well as ability to work independently
• Strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint knowledge
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Excellent academic results (Bachelors degree minimum of a 2:1 or equivalent)
• Fluency in English is essential; a second European language is preferred
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.