"J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for
consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial
transaction processing, and asset management.
o We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
o We operate in more than 100 markets.
o We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial
Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products
and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits,
institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals
Our corporate functions support the entire
organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit,
Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment
Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and
Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing
some of the most important financial transactions and providing
essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large
domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations
and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for
JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part
of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses.
Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in
Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations
regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic
support across technology and business operations processing to all
lines of business and the corporate functions.
Banking Specialist is responsible for providing timely resolutions to
our Consumer and Community Banking customer’s queries. They will
connect with our customers through inbound/outbound calls regarding
transactions on their accounts such as payments, loans, charges/fees,
interest rates, rewards and other issues.
Performance Consulting organization is responsible for leading
critical, strategic efforts throughout the business with the ultimate
goal of improving both operating and financial performance. The Operations Research and Data Science (ORDS) organization, which is part of Performance Consulting, leads and executes transformational data science and machine learning projects in Operations across Consumer and Community Banking.
The ORDS organization is a
highly collaborative and innovative data science team, bringing together
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences to solve complex
business problems. We are deeply committed to fostering an organization
devoted to Continuous Learning, and are passionate about building
solutions which deliver business value. If you passionate about
working on challenging machine learning, data science or modeling
problems, this is an ideal opportunity.
Senior Data Scientists are
responsible for developing advanced analytics using a variety of
statistical modeling and machine learning methods, algorithms and
techniques, e.g., predictive modeling, forecasting, statistical
analysis, optimization, and simulation modeling. This position provides
an exceptional opportunity to make a difference at a premier financial
institution. In this role, you will have an excellent career path and
numerous opportunities for both personal and professional development in
an intellectually stimulating environment.
- Leverage a wide range of data analysis,
machine learning and statistical modeling algorithms and methods to
solve business problems.
- Evaluate the current operational environment and identify opportunities to leverage advanced analytics.
- Apply critical thinking skills and
perform advanced analytics with the goal of solving complex and
multi-faceted business problems.
- Generate deep insights through the
analysis of data and understanding of operational processes and turn
them into actionable recommendations.
- Perform advanced quantitative and
statistical analysis of large datasets to identify trends, patterns, and
correlations that can be used to improve business performance.
- Become a subject matter expert and trusted advisor in the analytics discipline.
- Demonstrate excellent organization
skills throughout the development of analytical solutions (data analysis
documentation, hypothesis documentation, code management, etc.).
- Build and deploy prototype solutions to demonstrate ideas and prove concepts.
- Effectively communicate with project
team members and sponsors throughout the project lifecycle (status
updates, gaps/risks, roadblocks, testing outcomes, etc.).
- Develop presentations to summarize and communicate key messages to senior management sponsors and colleagues.
- Work independently and collaboratively (as needed) within the team to achieve the desired outcomes of an analytical project.
- Actively contribute to the continuous
learning mindset of the organization by bringing in new ideas and
perspectives that stretch the thinking of the group.
- Must be available to support models in production environment
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or related quantitative field
Experience and Technical Skills:
- 10+ years experience developing
predictive models, forecasting models and/or machine learning algorithms
in a large-scale, corporate environment with 5+ years in financial
- Hands-on experience with a wide variety
of predictive modeling, machine learning, data mining, time series
forecasting and optimization algorithms
- 5+ years experience working with a variety of database environments (SAS, Oracle, Teradata, etc.)
- Must have with 8+ years of experience with demonstrated ability to code complex programs in Python, SAS and SQL
- Must have demonstrated experience
working with production-type applications and full knowledge of the code
development lifecycle (Dev, Test, Prod)
- Must have demonstrated experience in large scale data environments and ability to work efficiently with very large datasets
- Proven ability to strategically manage complex, highly-visible analytical projects from concept through implementation
- Proven experience leveraging job automation applications and environments (e.g., CRON, Control-M)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively
manage all facets of the analytical project lifecycle (data exploration,
hypothesis testing, code development, testing/validation, model
Superior Analytical Skills
- Outstanding critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Has an “engineering mindset”
- Self-starter mentality with the ability to delegate/collaborate with others
- Ability to translate ambiguous business problems into a conceptual analytical and technical architecture
- Passion for continuous learning and professional development
- Deep curiosity, creativity and imagination
Strong business acumen
- Ability to influence and become a trusted advisor
- Ability to partner closely with team members and business sponsors to clearly define the requirements of proposed solutions
- Ability to translate technical details, observations and results into business language
- Proven effective communication and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively navigate an occasionally ambiguous, semi-structured work environment
- Ability to thrive in both independent and collaborative work environments