Head of Military and Veterans Affairs Communications
The Head of Communications will lead strategic communications for JPMorgan Chase’s Military and Veterans Affairs program. The Vice President role, which is part of the Corporate Communications team at the firm, will develop and implement internal and external communications focused on maintaining awareness of the firm’s leadership support for service members, veterans and military families.
In this role, they will leverage the firm’s expertise, partnerships and resources to orchestrate proactive, ongoing communications campaigns that reach media, customers, internal clients and colleagues and other key external stakeholders such as government leaders, nonprofit organizations and other corporations.
The Head of Communications will serve as a communications adviser for senior management of the Military and Veterans Affairs program and be the primary media contact. They will work closely and collaboratively with other areas of the firm to increase communication opportunities across functions. As part of this effort, they will also be responsible for developing written and digital materials for speaking engagements, website development and social media and partnering with the marketing team to further amplify key messages across paid media channels.
The individual must have a successful track record of developing measurable communications and marketing results as well leading and executing significant campaigns. They must also have strong analytical and problem solving skills, sound judgment and strong collaborative decision-making skills. Excellent writing skills and the ability to tailor communications to a variety of channels and audiences is critical to the success of this position.
• 5 years of public affairs or public relations communication experience with a corporate, government or agency background, including managing multiple significant projects, budgets and client assignments preferred.
• Clear ability to think and act collaboratively, strategically and creatively. Outstanding core communication and organizational skills.
• Track record of leading and executing successful communication activities.
• Experience in counseling corporate leaders, demonstrating an understanding of the business and an ability to develop integrated communication solutions that solve business challenges and/or help improve quality, service, cost and speed.
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with colleagues in a positive, cooperative, team-oriented environment.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.