The focus of the group is one of control. This particular position is in the NA Flow Options Risk Management Middle
Office. The business is a high volume flow business and involves a variety of interest rate products. There is a strong
operational discipline towards the management of the transaction cycle across the business and a great deal of effort is necessary to ensure tight controls.
Furthermore, there is significant interaction with a variety of business partners (Accounting, Finance, FO, Marketers,
Credit, Settlements, Confirms, Technology) in order to manage the operations front to back. Strong analytical thinking
coupled with strong IT skills is required to follow the composition of P&L and risk, as well as ensure its completeness and accuracy.
1. To produce and explain daily P&L / Risk but also ensure its accuracy.
2. To understand the cashflows associated with each trade and to work with the accounting and settlement teams to
ensure that settlement is accurate and timely.
3 To be able to identify areas of improvement and implement new procedures or to change existing process flows to
ensure tight controls front to back.
4. Build strong relationships across FO, Accounting, Settlements and Technology
- Extremely detail oriented, with a some knowledge of interest rate derivatives preferred
- Analytical and quantitative aptitude - it is essential to understand first order risk and related pnl and be able to explain
- Change Management : Adaptability to learn new tasks and demonstrate a willingness to understand the detail of a
- Control focused
- Understanding of the transaction flow: Ability to look at the overall process and explain it to others
- Time Management: Organization and prioritization of tasks, setting own deadlines and working to defined targets
- Technical skills : The daily tasks will involve using several applications as well as the standard desktop so must have an
aptitude for this
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.