JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate
The Reference Data Technology provides reference data delivery solutions delivering Client, Account, Document, Instrument and Core Reference across all LOB's.
We are looking for an individual who will be responsible for the technical delivery of the strategic RDI Platform including:
- Provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs by developing applications within mature technology environments. Utilize mature (3rd or 4th Generation) programming methodologies and languages and adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques while contributing to the technical code documentation.
- Participate in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution. Participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; and provide input to information/data flow, and understand and comply to Project Life Cycle Methodology in all planning steps.
- Adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development and testing and incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications.
- Additionally, document the detailed application specifications, translate technical requirements into programmed application modules and develop/Enhance software application modules. Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues; and review and provide feedback to the final user documentation. Support production environments.
- Serve as a key mentor and provide technical guidance to extended team
- Design and develop of key/critical modules within the application
- Carry out design reviews/code reviews at agreed points throughout the project life cycle
- Input/review into the Technical Design phases of all projects
- Hands on design and development of technical artifacts
- Participate in technical reviews, define/improve processes on configuration management, deployment and resiliency planning for the application.
- Strong Software Engineering background in Core Java/Java EE technology stack.
- Strong coding, testing and debugging skills, experience with unit testing.
- Hands on experience of Spring/Hibernate and various Apache libraries.
- Good understanding of Linux environment and shell scripting.
- Solid experience with Ant/Maven or similar build technologies.
- Good understanding of SDLC, Change Management, Release Management and Incident Management processes.
- Experience of working in Agile/SCRUM/Kanban development environments.
- Self-motivated, with strong delivery focused attitude and ability to work independently and as part of a globally distributed
- Excellent multi-tasking ability.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exposure to Git, maven, concordian/fitnesse, crucible, sonar and JIRA desirable.