About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Functional Job Title: Transfer Agency – Vice President
Reporting To: Executive Director
The Operations Business Line of Worldwide Securities Services is responsible for the support services and back office functionality of external Fund Managers.
The Transfer Agency Product Group is part of the Operations business line and provides key value added functions for Clients including:
• Processing of all investor related activities
• Carry out Know Your Clients checks on investors
• Regulatory and Tax reporting for investors and the funds administered
• The accurate processing and settlement of Cash
Each of these functions has specific deadlines for completion and delivery either to other internal departments or directly to Fund Managers and Clients.
The Vice President is responsible for establishing and reviewing the controls of the daily operation, ensuring adherence to procedures and policies, and for providing necessary data to senior management and clients. Core responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring and coordinating the training of new employees; performing salary and performance reviews of the staff; reviewing key areas of daily operations in order to ensure accuracy and compliance with procedures and controls; ensuring the completeness and timeliness of reporting to clients and internal departments; assigning responsibilities and ensuring an efficient work environment; reviewing end of day reconciliation packages and taking prompt action to resolve any escalated recon exception items; communicating ideas and contributing to the development of the department and corporate goals; communicating as needed with fund accounting, the custodian, other areas within the transfer agent and all other related parties; communicating all department and corporate information through the use of regularly scheduled meetings.
Key Accountabilities/Major Responsibilities:
The Vice President is expected to be proficient in the following:
• Thorough understanding and knowledge of mutual fund transfer agent operations and proven experience working in cash control within a mutual fund transfer agency.
• Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to convey information to internal and external customers. Establishes and maintains professional relationships.
• Demonstrated experience interpreting detailed financial information.
• Proven experience following established procedures and controls to identify solutions to issues and problems.
• Demonstrated experience working independently. Experience must include identifying and resolving problems where independent decision-making and initiative were demonstrated.
• Proven experience coordinating multiple projects/assignments simultaneously and completing assigned tasks accurately and on a timely basis. Demonstrated project management experience in planning, executing, and maintaining a project from start to finish.
• Must possess a strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills. Will be required to cite examples of organization and time management/methods used to manage or prioritize workload demands.
• Demonstrated experience maintaining a calm and professional demeanor when handling stressful situations.
General Knowledge and Experience Required:
A minimum of 10 years relevant Financial Institution (FI) experience is required. Transfer Agent experience is preferred.
More than 10 years people management experience
Comprehensive working knowledge of Transfer Agent administration systems
Adeptness in MS Office
Relevant Tertiary and Masteral Degree
Solid Interpersonal skills – ability to interact effectively both with individuals & teams, a team player.
Excellent English written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively to different styles at all levels
Assume accountability through willingness to take ownership and responsibility to accomplish goals.
Adaptability to maintain standards and adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes or requirements.
Commitment to provide high standards of quality client service.
Efficient planning and time management skills, to meet strict deadlines and team objectives, with an ability to prioritise key tasks whilst working under pressure.
Ability to multi-task in the completion of any assigned functions.
Proven ability to enhance and streamline processes, demonstrating a pro-active approach to change.
Ability to attain in depth knowledge of the technology and applications used within the business.
External systems –all Microsoft products such as Excel, Word, Power Point.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.