About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
JPMorgan Chase's Receivable Operations division supports lockbox services delivered to wholesale (corporate), public sector state government, and Federal government clients. The firm’s Receivables Operations division enables customers to accept traditional paper-based payments from clients by capturing information with efficient technology services and transferring it to an output file for accounts receivable updating. The main objective is to expedite collections of payments due by getting the check that's "in the mail" deposited into the biller's account as quickly as possible. A second objective is to expedite the posting of payment information, allowing the customer to update their account records. This can substantially reduce costs and expedite the crediting of deposits to individuals accounts, which provides high customer satisfaction and a rewarding service. Our strategic focus is to deliver an extraordinary level of service and quality to our customer while leveraging the firm's operations and technology infrastructure.
As a Remittance Processor, the individual will be responsible for processing daily document transactions which can include some moderately complex tasks. Each function may have multiple tasks per transaction. These transactions require judgment and experience with limited direct supervision. While receiving clear instruction, the individual must maintain the highest level of production and accuracy on a daily basis. The individual must also focus on process effectiveness with an emphasis on high quality service and productivity.
Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Operating Imaging/Extraction Equipment (iTRAN, IBML, OPEX 7200, OPEX 150)
- Preparing batches of work by extracting checks and remittances from envelopes
- Inputting data into the system while following standard operating procedures and customer specific instructions for processing
- Verifying negotiability of checks through customer specific instructions for processing
- Re-associating check images to corresponding material while validating quality of images
- Balancing/reconciling electronic and paper documentation
- Analyzing information to determine accuracy and completeness of work
- Conducting non-routine research
- Recommending procedural and workflow changes to enhance quality and productivity
- Making judgment calls regarding routine duties but refer non-routine situations to a supervisor and/or manager
- Demonstrating proficiency in all complexities, processing modes and department equipment
- Maintaining site productivity and quality standards
- Contributing to meeting team goals in addition to individual responsibilities
- Ensuring that all customer and bank guidelines are followed as related to operations, internal audit and security, and general practices
- Effectively utilize teamwork behaviors
- Remittance Processing or banking operations experience preferred
- Ability to analyze and comprehend client’s standard operating procedures and instructions
- Intermediate computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Intermediate Qwerty keyboard usage and basic 10-key data entry
- Production environment focus around meeting deadlines and quotas
- Attention to detail with accuracy and good eye-hand coordination
- Strong ability to complete multiple manual tasks per transaction with precision
- Keen sense of quality control and practices
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Flexibility and willingness to learn and be utilized in all areas of operation
- Open minded with a positive attitude
Work schedule - Monday - Friday / 2pm - 10:30pm
Pays 10% shift differential.
A Government Security Clearance may be required for this position. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Employment History
- Tax Filing History (possibly)
- References (possibly)
- Proof of U.S. Legal Permanent Residence up to 7 years
This position may require you to work non-traditional hours and/or additional hours as business needs arise.
JPMorgan Chase offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.