Within the CIB; Global Equities Middle Office provides comprehensive operational services for Cash Equity securities transactions executed for clients across global Cash and Equity Derivative trading desks. With global trading desks, close partnership is required with multiple groups including front office, business management, middle and back office operations, technology, finance and control/central functions (including compliance, legal, credit, tax), and other client facing teams such as client on boarding and account oversight. Equities Middle office partner hubs are located in New York, Delaware, Sao Paulo, London, Bournemouth, Mumbai, Johannesburg, Moscow, Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo & Sydney.
Our EMEA client franchise is made up of c 1,500 clients, and we support the booking through to settlement of c20-25k trades per day, with an average settlement total size of c$2.5-3 billion.
The EMEA Cash Equities business is made up of a Front Office trading and sales team of c150; servicing c 1,500 active EMEA clients. Our client base trade globally across c65 local markets; each supported by regional sales, trading and operations teams. For our EMEA client base we provide a single point of contact for them for any Equity stock trading activity globally executed via Cash or Derivative trading desks.
This position is within a Client Services team of c25 members, responsible for the allocation, confirmation & settlement of EMEA clients trading globally; and supports the Global Cash Equities business incorporating trading desks across Single Stock, Program Trading, Electronic Client Solutions, Investment Trust, Emerging Market, Equity Capital Markets, Private Banking, Corporate Dealing Services; and Equity Derivative trading desks such as Delta One, Exchange Traded Funds and Convertible Bonds. The team cover core hours of 08:00 to 18:30, though can vary based on business requirements.
The Client Services Team provides the first point of contact for clients and sales traders in relation to the successful processing of trades and associated queries. Allocation of stock to the relevant funds, provision of timely, accurate confirmations and the management of trades through to settlement are key responsibilities for the group. Delivering these requirements while maintaining superior service to our clients and a strong relationship with partnering groups across the globe are keys to success.
- Act as primary operations point of contact for sales and sales trading desks and client operations teams, partnering with global teams to resolve queries or issues.
- Ensuring prompt and accurate allocation of trades to the relevant funds.
- Ensuring that accurate trade confirmations are provided in a timely manner, in line with client requirements.
- Managing open trades in a diligent manner through to settlement.
- Reactively managing all client queries in a timely manner and proactively working to ensuring any issues do not reoccur.
- Providing the Front Office with timely, accurate information in relation to the status of problem trades.
- Completing all relevant control checks, escalation and maintaining audit trail.
- Management, ownership and, if required, escalation of issues in a timely manner.
- Continuously seeking feedback on opportunities for improvement and providing feedback to other groups in relation to where processes could be improved.
- Identifying opportunities to continuously improve ‘Straight Through Processing’ and quality of service delivered to clients; and automate/streamline existing processes.
- Partnership with our Commission Management Solutions team on any research commission queries.
- Partnership with the CIB Account Oversight team in relation to special handling and resolving any issues for priority clients.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) input in partnership with technology and operations project teams.
- Well established client service skills with a positive attitude.
- Ability to both work well as part of a team, and also to be results orientated and self motivated, being proactive by using own initiative to take personal responsibility for tasks and actions.
- Capacity to think laterally and understand the big picture.
- Experience within operations, preferably within an Investment Banking environment.
- The ability to partner and manage relationships with a variety of diverse groups.
- A flexible, organized, proactive attitude towards work with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload to meet daily deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills in all media.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Control mindset with risk awareness along transaction lifecycle and strong attention to detail.
- Technical understanding of securities products would be an advantage.
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.