J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. We serve institutional, high net worth and retail clients through J.P. Morgan Asset Management; and Private Banking, which includes the Private Bank, Private Wealth Management, and J.P. Morgan Securities. We are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
The Core Components and Architecture (CCA) group within the Technology division of J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management serves all aspects of the business, providing best in class architecture solutions and services used as the foundation for technology development.
The CCA Project Management office is currently seeking an analyst to oversee the Application Portfolio Rationalization (APR) Support function. Partnering with the Program lead and Application Owners, the successful candidate will be responsible for APR support across Asset & Wealth Management, helping to ensure the success of one of the key technology strategies across the firm.
- Decommissioning, creating and approving new application records in partnership with application owners
- Coordinating with the APR lead to ensure that requests fall within the firms guidelines to reduce the application footprint
- Providing guidance and support to all application owners to identify dependencies prior to decommission, removing associated infrastructure, and advising on the most effective strategies for decommission
- Assisting Application Owners in improving application data quality and maintaining the integrity of the firm's application and product inventories
- Creating various executive reports supporting the communication of the program's efforts, and analysing data to ensure an accurate and meaningful consolidated global view on a weekly, monthly and as needed basis
- Enforcing adherence to simplification of the application environment across AWM including tracking of project artifacts and process by PMOs across AWM
- Supporting process definition, system clean up coordination, communication to stakeholders, and technology management
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Experience in producing comprehensive project reporting and supporting KPIs at short notice, providing transparency for key stakeholders and technology leadership
- Ability to demonstrate thought leadership, and to produce insightful analyses including executive level summaries/presentations
- Strong partnership skills to work with the Application Owners to ensure an effective application rationalization process
- Effective organisational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple parallel work streams both independently and within a team environment
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of Project & Program Reporting principles, including generation of project metrics
- Degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools ( e.g. Waterfall, Agile)
- Experience in implementing change management initiatives/processes
- Experience working with SEAL
- Experience of working in a financial services company
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunity employer.