The Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries group (CCBSI) is part of Commercial Banking at JPMorgan Chase and focuses on U.S. and Canadian companies typically with revenues of over $500mm that require traditional banking services in addition to investment banking products.
The CCBSI Credit Administration Support team is part of the Wholesale Loans Middle Office (WL-MO) and provides end to end credit administrative support for a team of Credit Underwriters. Generally speaking, the team is responsible for maintaining CRI data integrity for a portfolio of credit relationships, managing all phases of the ARC credit proposal process, assisting with credit file maintenance, monitoring/tracking receipt of loan documents/ loan compliance information, coordinating loan closings with domestic and foreign loan support teams, and ensuring loan price grid changes are made timely and properly.
WL-MO is more broadly part of Wholesale Lending Services (WLS) which services several lines of businesses within JPMorgan Chase, including Business Banking, Global Wealth Management, Investment Banking and Commercial Banking. The group consists of approximately 1,300 employees worldwide who provide global end to end loan origination and credit risk support, deal closing & funding, collateral & document review, loan servicing, trade confirmations & settlement and syndicated/agent bank booking & account management. Overall, the group is responsible for support of over $500 billion in loans outstanding.
Reporting to a Credit Admin Team Leader, the Credit Support Specialist provides administrative support for a team of credit underwriters for an assigned portfolio of credit relationships. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Manage end-to-end credit proposal process in iCRD Proposals/ARC application
• Populate facility data utilizing loan documentation and information provided by Risk Partners
• Coordinate loan closings with domestic and foreign loan servicing departments
• Follow up on past due loan documents and loan compliance information
• Manage credit data in Client Central via Client Data Management Team
• Execute data remediation projects
• Monitor various data reports for accuracy and correct any errors
• Assist with report preparation on a routine or ad-hoc basis
• Work on special projects as needed
The CSS possesses a working knowledge of basic software applications such as Excel and Word and CRI and related applications such as ARC, SRGT, Client Central, iCRD, Dealworks, CRRT, GTS/TPS, Intralinks, WebClass, LIQ, FSD, SELM, TCP-Facility Maintenance, CLW & QIP. The CSS has a solid understanding of credit process, policies, loan systems, and the ability to read and navigate through loan agreements.