J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
The Technology team at our GSCs service all Lines of Business and Enterprise Technology in helping build and operate innovative industry leading solutions. The breadth of capabilities within the Technology team at the GSC enables it to support the firm in leading edge areas such as Digital, Big data analytics, Robotics & Machine Learning.
Asset & Wealth Management
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is a leading asset manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match. Clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns
More than 650 investment professionals providing over 200 different strategies spanning the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity
Leadership positions in America, U.K., Continental Europe, Asia, and Japan
The Private Bank at J.P Morgan is part of J.P Morgan Asset Management (AM). We are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world. We serve four distinct client groups through four businesses: institutions and retail clients through J.P Morgan Asset Management; ultra high net worth clients through the Private Bank; and high net worth clients through Private Wealth Management and J.P Morgan Securities. Our clients include institutions, retail investors and high net worth individuals in every major market throughout the world. We offer global investment management in equities, fixed income, real estate, hedge funds, private equity and liquidity. We provide trust and estate, banking, and brokerage services to high net worth clients, and retirement services for corporations and individual clients through the Private Bank; and high net worth clients through Private Wealth Management and J.P Morgan Securities. Our clients include institutions, retail investors and high net worth individuals in every major market throughout the world. We offer global investment management in equities, fixed income, real estate, hedge funds, private equity and liquidity. We provide trust and estate, banking, and brokerage services to high net worth clients, and retirement services for corporations and individuals.
You will lead a team of developers who will design, develop, code, test, debug and document programming applications to satisfy requirements of one or more user areas. You will typically provide 24-hour daily production and technical support to assigned systems. You will also provide comprehensive consultation to business unit and IT management and staff at the highest technical level. You will work closely with business areas and other technology teams to identify and specify complex business requirements and processes. Additionally, you will research and evaluate alternative solutions and make recommendations. This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities,including:
• Liaise with business users and other technology teams to identify, assess and document business requirements/user stories.
• Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
• Participate in project scoping and planning, write detailed level technical and functional specifications documentation, and help mentor junior engineers.
• Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
• Able to approach development with modularity in mind to accommodate shifting priorities and the challenges associated with rapid prototyping and Agile methodologies.
• Document test strategies ensuring that requirements documents/user stories can be easily translated into test scripts, and ensure the testing plans are fully completed.
• Works well as a team member within technology and other disciplines (creative, delivery management, etc.) on large projects.
• Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
Skills & Requirements
• 10+ year of experience as a team leader / manager
• 7+ years of experience with Java and Web Services development, including SOAP and/or REST services using Spring, Hibernate, and/or Jersey frameworks.
• 3+ years of experience with web application server, including Websphere, Tomcat, or Apache IIS.
• 3+ years of experience with relational databases, including Oracle, Sybase, or SQLServer.
• Experience using continuous integration tools, including Maven and Jenkins.
• A solid grasp of OO principles and design patterns.
• Experience of integrating with vendor products.
• Experience managing assignments effectively, multi-tasking, and working within tight deadlines.
• Strong client-service orientation and experience working in a fast paced setting.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills in order to provide solution on complex enterprise level and multiple inter-connected/inter-dependent applications.
• Experience working on Agile Methodologies
• Document Management technology domain experience – could specifically be IBM Content Manager, CMoD, Documentum, KOFAX, GMC Inspire.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.