GCB – Analyst – Johannesburg, South Africa
There is currently an opportunity within the Johannesburg Global Corporate Banking division of JPMorgan for an analyst to join the team.
As an Analyst in the Global Corporate Banking team, you will work with top-tier professionals at the heart of a leading global commercial bank. With hands-on learning opportunities, mentoring and feedback, and numerous development opportunities, you will gain a strong career foundation in financial services.
About the Global Corporate Bank
The Global Corporate Bank is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a global financial services firm with assets of over $2.4 trillion. The Global Corporate Bank manages J.P. Morgan's overall relationships with large corporations, financial institutions and public sector organizations globally to solve problems for clients and help them to grow. We help our clients meet their objectives and challenges in financing, risk management, working capital, cash management and investments.
Clients benefit from dedicated coverage provided by experienced corporate bankers, who deliver the firm's extensive product platform and presence in more than 60 countries worldwide. We leverage the capital strength of JPMorgan Chase and extend credit to help clients grow their business. As a central part of the firm's plans to further expand its successful international banking franchise, the Global Corporate Bank offers exciting opportunities as a place to work.
The Analyst will work with Managing Directors, Executive Directors, Vice Presidents and Associates, assisting them with the development and maintenance of client relationships (business intelligence, marketing and execution). The Analyst will also assume full responsibility for a certain number of internal processes (obtaining approvals in the context of deal executions, highlighting and tracking Corporate Banking opportunities across the client list and keeping an accurate reporting). The Analyst will have access to both senior officers of the firm and senior clients. He/she will be challenged to perform at the highest levels of excellence and will be rewarded for his/her achievements in a demanding environment.
• Assisting Corporate Bankers in managing existing client relationships and developing new client base.
• Preparing internal memos (Balance Sheet committee memorandum, Compliance memorandum, relationship reviews, account plans, and preparing submissions to relevant client onboarding and monitoring committees).
• Conducting industry and company research and helping with credit analyses (reviewing financial statements, listening to and summarizing investor presentations and supporting credit approval and documentation process).
• Maintaining internal reports including revenue tracking and pipeline reports.
• Assisting with the preparation of pitch books and other marketing materials to help generate new revenues.
Assisting in the negotiating of engagement letters, loan agreements and credit facilities.
Partnering effective with colleagues from coverage and product groups on client related pitches and transactions.
• Bachelor's degree with outstanding academic credentials – if not in Finance, should have interest in Financial Services Sector
• A team player with a high level of motivation
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong quantitative, analytical and computer skills including PowerPoint and Excel based modelling
• Fluency in English
• Work experience in either Corporate Banking, Investment Banking, Markets, Credit or Treasury Services (TS)
• Proficiency with research tools including Bloomberg
• Familiarity with JP Morgan processes and products
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.