JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Our Firmwide Risk Function
Our Firmwide Risk function is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm. Business priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals bring and embracing an inclusive environment.
Chase Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) serves consumers and small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business banking and lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. Consumer & Community Banking Risk Management partners with each CCB sub-line of business to identify, assess, prioritize and remediate risk. Types of risk that occur in consumer businesses include fraud, reputation, operational, credit, market and regulatory, among others.
The VP Operational Risk Manager will be part of the Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) Operational Risk Management Team, an independent "second line of defense” function, that is charged with proactively identifying potential operational risks and ensuring adequate controls are in place to guard against financial loss. The Operational Risk Management Team is also responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the control environment through ongoing independent challenge and targeted reviews as well as other Operational Risk Management Framework (ORMF) credible challenge activities.
The role will support the CCB Wholesale Banking Risk businesses which includes Merchant Services, Business Banking, and Dealer Commercial Services. Business functions supported include Relationship Management / Sales, Operations, Product, business support functions and the CCB Wholesale Banking Risk Management Organization.
Must execute the following objectives:
- Manage ORMF objectives and requirements, as defined by Corporate Operational Risk
- Foster lead relationships with Corporate Operational Risk, Risk Management, and Oversight & Control teams, as well as business owners
- Act as a strategic advisor for all functional levels and consult with senior leadership; work with Oversight & Control partners on the assessment of operational risk, including fraud, legal, compliance, technology and financial risks
- Monitor inherent risk profiles in the business and the control environments, and provide guidance on risk mitigation and process improvement activities
- Provide oversight of Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) activities and verify conformance to RCSA standards mandated by the ORMF
- Identify unmitigated or partially mitigated business risks, which can result in material financial, operational, regulatory, or reputational risks for the firm
- Assess the risk associated with new business initiatives and change management activities
- Ensure a broad, data-driven monitoring program for key risk drivers, exposures, controls, or potential operational risk events across processes