Project Manager & Continuous Improvement Analyst
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2 trillion, over 260,000 employees and operations in more than 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset Management, Consumer & Community Banking.
The Wealth Management division of JPMorgan Chase & Co. is part of the Asset & Wealth Management business segment. It has offered for over 160 years customized solutions and client service of the highest quality to solve the complex needs of wealthy individuals and their families around the world. With assets under management of $2.4 trillion, it is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
Plan and lead projects for the Quality Projects Team. Work closely with WM Operations Management, LOB partners, and support organizations to ensure proper planning and project execution. Support projects that create and maintain quality assurance programs. Support existing quality assurance programs as a continuous improvement lead. Candidates must be able to work as part of a team, demonstrate strength in communication and problem solving, as well as attention to detail.
- Apply standard project management principles to the build out of quality assurance programs including but not limited to: charters, stakeholder analysis, communication plans, current state identification, future state mapping, executive summaries, project planning/prioritization with work breakdown/ Gantt charts/roadmaps/task lists/milestones etc., resource planning, gap risk analysis/management, QA program implementation/execution, BAU/monitoring and controlling, and closing of projects.
- Chair re-occurring project meetings throughout project with key stakeholders.
- Coordinate work with internal and external groups in a matrix environment.
- Develop and maintain key contacts and working relationships with various functional areas, at all levels of the organization.
- Present project updates to QA team on a re-occurring basis.
- Analyze weekly and monthly quality review results to identify error trends within the process.
- Conduct robust root cause analysis on the identified error trends to determine process improvements, training needs, or system enhancements to improve the quality of the process.
- Summarize root cause findings and solutions at a senior management level, to create opportunity awareness at all levels of the organization.
- Heavy involvement in the implementation of root cause solutions to ensure solutions effectively impact error trends. Involvement may include executing solutions or acting in an advisory capacity on solutions executed by business partners. Proactive, ongoing tracking on the status of identified root cause solutions to ensure timely execution to improve the quality.
- Champion the implementation of new quality review checks resulting from regulatory changes, system enhancements and process improvements within the supported LOB. Includes working with Supervisors and Managers to develop proposed new checks, analyzing workflow impacts, adjusting procedures, identifying any new reporting needs, and ensuring appropriate communication and training is delivered to impacted parties, by the agreed upon timeline.
- Proactively seek and maintain a working knowledge of the most current operation processes and quality review checks necessary to facilitate and provide resolutions to quality issues.
- Ongoing assessment of current quality checks in place to optimize quality review team validating what matters most- minimize organizational risk, monitor effective implementation of regulatory changes, and assesses the performance of key functions associates are executing.
- Ongoing assessment of current risk ranking of quality checks compared to overall regulatory risk and performance to ensure trends are correctly identifying critical areas of focus.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10 years project management experience.
- 10 years process improvement/business analytics experience.
- Must possess outstanding analytical and problem solving skills.
- Superior and creative PC skills with all common business software, i.e. Microsoft Suite -Extensive excel knowledge needed to analyze data and summarize findings into commentary, graphs, charts and pivot tab
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to summarize detail analysis into senior management key messages and next steps.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Proficient in Time Management with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work under pressure in a deadline oriented environment.
- Strong attention to details.
- Uses well-organized process to manage issues and solve problems.
- Executes with appropriate sense of urgency.
- Raises difficult issues in a timely manner.
- Collaborates effectively across boundaries, levels, and functions to solve issues in a productive manner. Acts as if colleague’s priorities are his/her own.
- Experience in Tax /Client Onboarding/ Fees required.