The Asset Management’s Infrastructure and Application Services (AMIAS) technology team develops and manages the suite of applications, infrastructure components and systems that support portfolio management, business research, trading, financial accounting, client reporting, business profitability analysis, information websites, investment engines, pricing databases, decision-making and data processing. The technologies and business applications we support and provide oversight for include business critical decision support and trading execution applications, data warehouses, data centers, servers, desktops, networks, communications systems, contingency sites and much more.
Asset Management Infrastructure Application Services’ (AMIAS) is comprised of a global management team who specialize in:
•Production Support (Application Services Delivery)
•Technology Infrastructure Architecture and Engineering
•Distributed Computing Infrastructure Support
•End User Technology
•Infrastructure Solutions Management
This opportunity is for a DevOps Engineer to join our New York Alternative Investment Private Equity Technology Team within the Asset Management Application Development group. The role involves teamwork with Private Equity Portfolio Managers, Middle Office Operations and Application Development communities at all levels within the organization.
The team owns the holistic support of the front & back office technology platform globally including tactical enhancements, application upgrades, new application rollouts, maintenance, performance tuning and provide a depth of both business and technology service to the whole organization.
The platform covers a magnitude of asset classes’ dependent on investment strategy, leveraging both propriety built systems complementing customized vendor applications. Excellent communication skills are a must for this position. The individual should have a passion for the system development and support for the developed systems, have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, and be able to work successfully in a cross-functional environment among the other application development and support teams. The successful candidate must have a proven ability to fully use and apply standard technical troubleshooting principles while following standardized Problem and Change Management policies and procedures. This person must have the ability to work on projects and other assignments with minimal direct supervision.
• Responsible for the operation, monitoring and integrity of the technology platform,
• Participate in design, architecture, development, deployment and support for large scale projects.
• Proactively seeking to improve process by automating and removing repeated effort.
• Experience working with the change management process ensuring policies are enforced and adhered to and application integrity is maintained on production and DR environments.
• Responsible for managing development platforms - continuous build, test and integration processes.
• Troubleshooting business issues, identifying root cause, solving problems to provide solutions to diverse investment teams and the product aligned trading desks.
• Ownership and participation in the Incident and problem management processes, being accountable for resolution, root cause analysis and technology and business reporting and communication.
• Experience within financial services. Preferably with a focus in asset management.
• Good people skills with focus on cross team collaboration.
• Previous experience of working within a global organization.
• Proficiency in application development using Core Java and database development.
• 3-5 years of experience in development, architecture and/or client/server n-tier application experience required.
• 3-5 years of experience working with AGILE methodology of development and familiarization of various AGILE ceremonies and familiarity with Unit testing, QA, UAT, production environments.
• Experience with Linux or windows environment and scripting knowledge.
• Familiarity with Platform Engineering – Tomcat, Siteminder, Kerberos, and Apache.
• Strong familiarity with Jenkins, Git/Bit Bucket and automated deployment
• Good knowledge of SQL and database technologies.
• Strong Communication and Analytical skills.
• Results oriented and highly flexible individual, able to work with minimal supervision.
Experience working with cloud base technologies and knowledge of open source technologies and tools is a big plus.
Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or engineering or equivalent is required for this position
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.