As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
•Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
•Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
•Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
•Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
•Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages
•Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
The Global Equities Technology stack at J P Morgan is going through a strategic transformation (front to back). This is a multi-year program where the India Tech teams are involved heavily. The technology stack used is predominantly Core Java, C# .NET, C++ and Sybase. We are hiring in the areas of Front Office, Middle Office, Risk Management and Client Intelligence Technologies.
The India Equities Technology organization is 1000+ within JPMorgan’s Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB) organization and covers the following functions
- Execution Services Technology comprising of:
- Electronic Trading Technology.
- Flow Sales and Trading.
- Risk Management and Structured products
- Trade Management and Cash Middle Office
- Client Intelligence
- Derivatives and FX Processing
- Securities Processing Technology
- Reconciliations Technology
The underlying technology for building out the solution and the components will be primarily Core Java.
Role and Responsibility Description:
We are looking for strong technologists to join the middle office IT team in Mumbai. Candidates will be expected to be best of breed software engineers; possess strong inter-personal skills as well as proven track record of delivering projects with highest code quality and timeliness.
The day to day activities of the role will encompass the full project lifecycle, including:
- The development of the strategic trade management platform for middle office and re-engineering/enhancing the current stacks as well
- Designing software and producing scalable and resilient technical designs
- Adhere to test driven development - writing clean code with appropriate unit tests and automated end to end tests as well
- Analyze and understand the business requirements clearly to come up with clean solutions promptly
- At least 4 years of experience in developing software using Core Java technologies – candidates having experience in C/C++ are also welcome, but they must have at least 4 years of experience in Core Java technologies.
- We are looking for candidates who have very good experience in UI technologies as well. Candidates having Java Swing experience along with strong core-Java skills are also welcome.
- Candidates must be strong in fundamentals of programming – just using the readily available frameworks for development would not suffice.
- Must have good understanding of the fundamentals of multi-threading and experience in working with multi-threaded servers.
- Investment banking experience is not mandatory, but good to have – candidates from other domains are also welcome.
Desirable (but not essential):
- Equities Business Knowledge in especially middle office flow – allocations and confirmations processing. And good understanding of the end to end flow viz., front office – middle office – back office.
- Experience on working in UNIX based platforms
- Strong experience in Shell / scripting languages
- Strong experience in SQL – Sybase / Oracle
- Middleware technologies like MQ, QPID
- Knowledge of FIX protocol
- Familiarity with Source Code control concept and some of the popular tools (Perforce, Git)
- Experience / knowledge of vendor applications for client connectivity (like Swift, Omgeo CTM)
- Securities Trade and Position Management
- Build tools such as Maven or Ant
- Demonstrate Continual Improvement in terms of Individual Performance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Bright and enthusiastic, self starter
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Very good presentation and influential skills
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran