As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This opportunity is for a DevOps Engineer to join our New York Alternative Investment Real Estate Team within the Asset Management Application Development group. The role involves teamwork with Real Estate Portfolio Managers, Research Analysts, Middle Office Operations and Application Development communities at all levels within the organization.
The team owns the holistic support of the front office technology platform globally including tactical enhancements, application upgrades, new application rollouts, maintenance, performance tuning and provide a depth of both business and technology service to the whole organization.
The Platform covers a magnitude of asset classes' dependent on investment strategy, leveraging both propriety built systems complementing customized vendor applications. The team is truly a global follow the sun model, which is in line with the business changes and the new technology platform. Excellent communication skills are a must for this position. The individual should have a passion for the system development and support for the developed systems, have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, and be able to work successfully in a cross-functional environment among the other application development and support teams. The successful candidate must have a proven ability to fully use and apply standard technical troubleshooting principles while following standardized Problem and Change Management policies and procedures. This person must have the ability to work on projects and other assignments with minimal direct supervision.
• Responsible for the operation, monitoring and integrity of the technology platform,
• Participate in design, architecture, development, deployment and support for large scale projects.
• Proactively seeking to improve process by automating and removing repeated effort.
• Experience working with the change management process ensuring policies are enforced and adhered to and application integrity is maintained on production and DR environments.
• Responsible for managing development platforms - continuous build, test and integration processes.
• Troubleshooting business issues, identifying root cause, solving problems to provide solutions to diverse investment teams and the product aligned trading desks.
• Ownership and participation in the Incident and problem management processes, being accountable for resolution, root cause analysis and technology and business reporting and communication.
• Experience within financial services. Preferably with a focus in asset management.
• Good people skills with focus on cross team collaboration.
• Previous experience of working within a global organization.
• Proficiency in application development using Core Java and database development.
• 3-5 years of experience in development, architecture and/or client/server n-tier application experience required.
• 3-5 years of experience working with AGILE process of development and familiarization of various AGILE ceremonies and familiarity with Unit testing, QA, UAT, production environments.
• Experience with Linux or windows environment and scripting knowledge.
• Familiarity with Platform Engineering – Tomcat, Siteminder, Kerberos, and Apache.
• Strong familiarity with Jenkins, Git/Bit Bucket and automated deployment
• Good knowledge of SQL and database technologies.
• Strong Communication and Analytical skills.
• Results oriented and highly flexible individual, able to work with minimal supervision.
Experience working with cloud base technologies and knowledge of open source technologies and tools is a big plus.
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It’s our mission to efficiently take care of our clients’ wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co. you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.58+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry but also change the world.
At JP Morgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Understanding of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) and assistive technologies (JAWS, NVDA, Zoomtext), and proven track record of incorporating into your day-to-day work, is a plus but not required.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.