The Application Developer will design, develop, test and implement JPMorgan Chase & Co security automation and orchestration platform that integrates with various existing security technologies used within firm in order to provide a layer of “connective tissue” between them. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Develop automation platforms and orchestrate third-party and in-house built applications
- Perform technical design and code review
- Implement agile, continuous development and integration methodology
- Keep abreast with the latest developments in Enterprise Java and open source technologies.
- Understand capabilities of various third party Cyber security products used for Perimeter security, Network security, Endpoint security, data security and threat intelligence.
- Integration of platforms with varying products using management APIs provided by these products (REST, JSON etc.)
- Understand processes and playbooks executed by Security Operations that uses various Cyber security products to detect, investigate, and remediate Cybersecurity related issues.
- Provide technical inputs to management during proof-of-concept reviews for new security products
- Provide technical guidance to the Security Operations Center and/or the lines of businesses during investigations or incident response.
- Provide technical leadership to scrum teams
- Work with product owner and Cyber security operations on agreeing on refining business requirements and acceptance criteria.
- 5+ years of programming experience in enterprise class applications, with a core competency in designing and implementing service integration applications.
- Proven expertise and depth in Python development in addition to experience with other Object Oriented Programming (OOP) languages - Java, Ruby….
Excellent understanding of integration with third party APIs (Webservices, JSON, REST, XML etc.)
- Experience with asynchronous messaging such as IBM MQ, Apache Qpid, Apache Kafka
- Experience with source code tools Subversion and Stash/Git
- Experience with Agile scrum methodology and tools (JIRA,Confluence)
- Solid experience in test-driven development, unit testing, continuous development and continuous integration technologies (Jenkins).
- Experience in utilizing relational database or No SQL database.
- Proficiency in development environment using Tomcat, Websphere etc.
- Relevant work experience in developing highly scalable and resilient applications.
- Strong experience with monitoring tools (Splunk, Dynatrace)
Excellent command of Cybersecurity organization practices, operations risk management processes, principles, architectural requirements, engineering threats and vulnerabilities, including incident response methodologies
Keen understanding of national and international laws, regulations, policies and ethics related to financial industry cybersecurity
Noted cybersecurity expert, keeping technical skills current and participating in multiple forums
Expertise in Agile and can work with at least one of the common frameworks
Ability to identify network attacks and systemic security issues as they relate to threats and vulnerabilities, with focus on recommendations for enhancements or remediation
Your expertise in cyber, combined with your desire to provide innovative security services, will be an asset to our Cybersecurity team. Help deliver high-quality security solutions across all our lines of business around the world by creating, designing, implementing, and maintaining next-level technology. The work you’ll do is vital, as it will protect over $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits every day.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.