JP Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. We serve millions of U.S. consumers and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients. We are a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. With assets under supervision of $2.0 trillion and assets under management of $1.4 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
A critical priority for Asset Management is to ensure that a comprehensive set of high-quality data is available to run our business and meet client needs. The Asset Wealth Management (AWM) Chief Data Office (CDO) was established in 2014 to define AWM's core data strategy. This includes data for clients and accounts, products, securities prices, transactions and holdings, indexes, benchmarks, performance and analytics. The AWM CDO is positioned in the Asset Wealth Management Operations division, within AWM Center. We work with the AWM business and Firm wide CDO to analyze data, establish data quality standards and ensure data governance. We partner with the business and technology to implement data and process solutions.
The Senior Data Lead for Investment Products and Funds Market Data Analytics (IPF MDA) will be a member of the Investment Products and Funds Market Data Strategy team. The overall mission for this team is to build-out a centralized data repository with data on-boarding, quality management, distribution and governance, and to partner with business and technology teams to drive data adoption from the central repository.
Key responsibilities of the IPF MDA team are guiding technology partners through the buildout of a core data repository for vendor sourced Funds Data and Funds Market Data Analytics, implementing data governance (data definitions, modeling, health checks, metrics, etc.), establishing operational processes to manage data health, leading governance forums to agree data on-boarding priorities and standards, and running user group forums to share knowledge and build community.
The IPF MDA Senior Data Lead role combine elements of Data Analysis, Data Stewardship, Data Governance and Project Leadership roles
Initial focus areas will include:
· Analyzing vendor data for suitability to meet business requirements
· Defining vendor data attributes for promotion through AWM data governance
· Defining criteria to evaluate vendor data health at the time of ingestion
· Analyzing data health check results to identify data and threshold issues
· Managing data issue resolution with vendors
The role is intended to also include:
· Partnering with internal consumers to define requirements and potential solutions
· Managing relationships with business and technology partners
· Managing projects to on-board new data sets into the IPF MDA repository
· Running consumer group forums to share knowledge and priorities
· Running governance forums to manage complex delivery programs
· Data Steward:
o Define vendor data attributes within AWM data governance systems
o Define criteria to evaluate vendor data quality health
o Partner with modeling team to extend Logical Data Models (LDM)
o Guide promotion of new data attributes through AWM data governance process
o Report on data definition approval and health metrics
· Data Analyst:
o Analyze vendor data for suitability to meet specific business requirements
o Analyze health check results to identify data and threshold issues
o Manage resolution of data issues with vendors
· Project Lead:
o Work with consumers to define requirements and potential solutions
o Manage key relationships with business and technology communities
o Manage projects to on-board new data sets into the IPF MDA repository
o Run consumer group forums to share knowledge and priorities
o Run governance forums to manage complex delivery programs
o Report project plans and status
· IPF MDA Technology Team
· Business partners and teams
· Data Modeling Team
· Data Licensing Team
· Data Governance Team
· Operations partners
· 10 or more years of experience in Finance, Consulting, or Technology industries
· Solid understanding of the financial service businesses, products and processes
· Experience in Asset & Wealth management is preferred
· 5 or more years of experience managing complex projects across multiple business lines
· Superior organizational and project management skills
· Proactively identifies and manages risk
· Excellent issue resolution and negotiation skills
· Experience performing four or more of the following functions: data mapping, data analytics, business analysis, technical analysis, process flow mapping, data governance, and/or auditing
· Knowledge of the funds data model and end-to-end architectural flows is preferred
· Track record of setting and achieving challenging goals
· Demonstrated ability to achieve delivery goals without direct control over resources
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple work streams concurrently
· Client focused
· Builds strong relationships across globally distributed teams
· Demonstrated interpersonal leadership, partnership and influencing skills
· Succinctly presents key findings and implications to senior audiences
· Advanced Excel skills required. Advanced Access and PowerPoint skills preferred
· Excellent judgment. Knows when and how to escalate
· Adaptable to working in an evolving and changeable environment
· Perpetually curious. Driven to learn. Driven to excel. Able to self-satisfy
· Committed team member
· Joie de vivre
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.