As an experienced Infrastructure Development professional, your love of technology will have a direct impact on the future of the business. As a senior member of a high-performance team, you’ll be immersed in all the elements of Software Development Lifecycles- design, development, integration, operation, support and testing of infrastructure services. You’ll ensure team goals are met and best practices, architectural design standards, data, risk and security management policies are adhered to. You’ll be instrumental in designing, developing and testing code, solving more difficult technical issues, developing integration elements, building data models, APIs, and open 3rd-party SDKs. You’ll see your ideas come to life as part of a small, success-driven team. And as part of JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s global technology community, you’ll also have the ability to collaborate with peers around the world to tackle big challenges.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
Significant experience in both Systems Engineering and Software development
Proficiency in at least one of these disciplines:
Experience using large scale software development in one of these languages: (Java, Python, .Net, C++, etc.)
Experience using system and software security and entitlements such as SSO, windows, Kerberos, LDAP, Windows AD
Experience with new and emerging technologies such as cloud and virtualization
JPMorgan Chase's Core Foundation Services (CFS) group, within Global Technology Infrastructure, designs and delivers critical and foundational platform solutions for all technology infrastructure systems across all lines of business. This includes the engineering design and delivery of platforms for Directory Services, Authentication and Privilege Management, Configuration Management, IPAM, Orchestration, Reference data, and more.
The CFS team is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) Lead that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault tolerant system. Candidate will build creative engineering solutions to operations problems, including optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation. Candidate will work with various cross-functional teams, and must be able to work in a global team setting and adapt to dynamic requirements. As SREs are responsible for the big picture of how our systems relate to each other, candidate will use a breadth of tools and approaches to solve a broad spectrum of problems
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Be part of a dynamic team that provides round-the-clock coverage to ensure service uptime and stability
- Thrive in a team environment with strong interpersonal skills. Collaborate and build relationships with engineers, development teams, architects, operations partners, and business clients
- Establish, and regularly update, multi-phase delivery roadmap
- Experience in one or more of the following: Java, Python, Perl, C/C++ or Ruby. (7+ years)
- Solid knowledge in Linux, Unix and/or Windows operating systems (7+ years)
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting (7+ years)
- Solid knowledge of configuration management tools (Puppet/Chef etc.) and monitoring tools (7+ years)
- Knowledge of performance and logging toolsets a plus (Elasticsearch, Kibana, Splunk, AppDynamics, etc.)
- Knowledge of cloud and virtualization technology a plus.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- Experience in Agile SDLC practices with strong focus on continuous integration and continuous delivery pipeline automation and tooling, DevOps, distributed version control system, and agile methodologies.
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks
- Proven ability in developing relationships with stakeholders, communicating project/program status, and understanding detailed business requirements across multiple project initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to negotiate compromise and demonstrate diplomacy in sensitive situations and to interact effectively with peers and management across diverse cultures
Our Global Technology Infrastructure Group is filled with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and cost-effective approach to deliver a wide variety of high-quality products and services. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.