J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement
products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
The Project Manager is responsible and accountable for delivering all elements of the projects - associated with different milestones - to the required timescale and quality.
The Project Manager will lead the crafting and execution of project plans for all projects under his/her Scorecard
• Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic projects; preparing and completing various project related documentation.
• Managing end to end of project life cycle.
• Managing relationships with the local, global and cross functional stakeholders. Depending on project scale and complexity, the Project Manager may lead several projects simultaneously and will require to project strong project management competency
• Able to manage technology and Process improvement projects.
• Closely collaborate with the different stakeholders across department to attain the project deliverables.
• Solving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change .
• Create and maintain the repository of all project related documents and provide periodic and adhoc reports of the status of the projects and escalate any delays immediately to the business and stakeholders.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Education/Professional & Skill Sets
MBA with 3-5 years / Graduate or Post-Graduate with 6-8 years’ experience in operations.
Candidates will preferably have a recognized project management qualification, else, they must be able to demonstrate use of structured approach and methods / use of appropriate tools
Familiarity with a global banking & operational environment with strong business knowledge i.e. Investment Banking, Retail & Commercial business including product, process and system knowledge.
Experienced in consulting with project stakeholders, including the skills to facilitate compromises and resolve conflicting requirements. Strong consulting and stakeholder management skills, a client service philosophy, and the ability to build and foster internal relationships
Must be confident and experienced and also be able to interact at senior / middle management level
Must have experience in project initiation; be able to set up appropriate project structures including project boards etc.
Must have demonstrable stakeholder engagement experience including organizing and managing disparate cross-functional / work stream teams.
Must have breadth & depth, process, people & technology in a banking / financial services operation & be able to converse confidently & comfortably re processes & operations
Good project/program management experience in operations environment.
Candidates must have had responsibility for people and process elements, ideally a business project manager, who understands human change elements implicit in project delivery.
Must have worked in true customer facing environment - not just with internal customers
Must be a good communicator and be experienced in handling difficult customer situations
Must be able to handle high level of pressure associated with complex project and programs in demanding customer environment
Must be flexible and adaptable - able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Will be self-sufficient and require little day to day management support
Can operate effectively in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines, and can prioritize one’s own work to achieve them
Flexibility to work global hours
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.