As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
• Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
• Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
• Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
• Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages
• Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
· Work directly with research, operations / control teams, and other technology teams to articulate new technology requirements and solve business problems
· Collaborate with other members of a globally distributed team to brainstorm new ideas / solutions.
· Develop specific enhancements and/or build new solutions to fulfill business objectives related to new business requirements
· Ensure technology solutions meet business and client requirements, that they are robust and supportable
· Member of Dev Ops team, responsible for automation and execution of CIT / deployment pipeline
· Provide Level 3 production support on a rota basis
· Work closely with other technology teams to ensure that required changes are made in other systems
· Extensive Experience in building large and scalable server side applications in Java or Python
· Excellent communication skills and enthusiasm to work on a globally distributed team
· Disciplined approach to code management, testing and deployment practices
· Experience with high performance & high throughput systems using parallelization and concurrency
· Experience of the full software development lifecycle, breaking requirements down into technical deliverables and following through to delivery
· Familiarity with data modeling, and query design in either relational databases or No-SQL solutions
· No SQL databases - Mongo DB / Cassandra
· Familiarity with Cloud computing – Amazon / Azure / Cloud Foundry
· Experience with Messaging Middlewares – Qpid / Sonic / Kafka or similar
· Experience with CIT and build tools - Team City / Jenkins, maven / gradle
· Performance tuning / analysis for a memory-managed language
· Experience of working in financial services / Understanding of equity derivative products
· Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics or other technical major
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the
unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization
that thrives on diversity. We encourage
professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and
compensation. If you’re looking to build
your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that
impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet
©2017 JPMorgan Chase
& Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.