The CCB Risk Reporting Function is implementing a centralized team in the India delivery center to support Risk Reporting execution activities. The team currently owns Risk Report Development, Report Execution and Report Validation with an expectation to expand broader set of Risk reporting Activities in 12-18 months.
The CCB Risk Reporting India Team Delivery Associate will work with the on-shore, India Team Lead and the LOB Risk Reporting Teams to ensure reports meet business requirements through Report Development, UAT and Report Validation Processes. The associate will also be responsible for the development and enhancement of risk reports using Cognos and day to day execution of UAT and Reporting Validation activities.
Key Responsibilities include:
Ø Create and maintain user acceptance test/business scenarios for new or modified reports for all CCB lines of businesses (LOBs).
Ø Understand business requirements to define effective test plans.
Ø Organize and facilitate test case reviews with LOB Report Owners.
Ø Work with appropriate LOB teams to ensure UAT test scripts are aligned to the requirements.
Ø Work with appropriate LOB Teams to identify appropriate data needed to complete test scripts, and ensure data is available prior to test.
Ø Execute test scripts and document defects where the actual results do not meet expected results.
Ø Perform initial root cause analysis on defects.
Ø Work with Onshore, India Lead, Technology, and LOB Report Owners to analyze and resolve defects.
Ø Attend defect meetings and core team meetings, bringing the appropriate knowledge and information to present (as needed).
Ø Work with technology to modify Cognos/Tableau reports.
Ø Perform data reconciliation and analyze impact to the business based on the results.
Ø Execute sql queries to perform data analytics tasks.
Ø Understand CCB lines of businesses and derive reporting requirement for them..
Core responsibilities include:
Role Specific Skills:
· Expertise knowledge required on BI tools – Cognos, Tableau etc
· Ability to write & execute SQL queries in Teradata environment.
· Ability to document business requirements
· Knowledge of Data Warehousing concepts, hands on is preferred.
· Ability to read and comprehend business requirements and high level design deliverables well enough to create detailed test cases.
· Ability to map test cases to business requirements.
· Basic understanding of development lifecycle and project phases
· Ability to work weekends and evenings as required to execute project deliverables.
Management & Communication Skills:
· Ability to work with teams
· Attention to detail
· Strong written communication/documentation skills
· Analytical skills
· Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
· Ability to escalate issues when appropriate
· Strong interactive personal skills and ability to influence others for positive results
· Strong organizational skills to meet individual / team deadlines in a fast paced environment
· Exposure to Business Intelligence (BI) Tools such as Cognos, Tableau, is mandatory
· HP ALM 11 or other similar tools Ability to input or load and execute test cases and document actual results within the tool
· Ability to write and execute basic SQL statements
· Intermediate MS Office Skills (Word, Excel, Project), VBA Scripting.
The candidate must be a highly-motivated individual and must be able to handle a high volume of work, be able to deal with and work through ambiguity, be flexible enough to shift workload in accordance with changing priorities, and be comfortable dealing with a sometimes stressful and fast-paced, priority-driven environment.
· Requires a minimum of 3 - 5 years, experience in using BI Tools such as Cognos and Tableau, exposure in VBA & SQL is must, equivalent project experience
· Knowledge of testing methodology, creating test cases/scripts and use of test tracking tools (i.e. HP ALM11) preferred
· Report writing / report requirements documentation experience a plus
· Project and Change Management and strong analytical skills
· Bachelor’s degree required; concentration in IT, CS, Finance or Business preferred
· CCB Line of Business and/or US retail financial services business process and procedure knowledge preferred.