Mortgage Banking Controllers – MSR Product Control
The MSR Product Control function is primarily responsible for reporting and analysis for Mortgage Servicing Rights (MSRs). Product Control provides oversight that includes substantiation of daily MSR valuation and hedging results, internal management reporting and external reporting of financial results, budgeting and forecasting of asset and associated revenues including stress testing, validation of model and assumption inputs, review and reporting of MSR transaction activity, and variance analysis of all MSR and related results
The responsibilities of the role will include, but will not be limited to:
• Production of the daily and month-end p/l reporting processes
• Daily p/l substantiation and attribution or revenue drivers
• Enhance existing control framework, including reconciliation points and source data
• Close working relationship with Columbus-based Controller team in relation to general ledger postings, month-end close process, and external reporting agenda
• Assisting in compilation of forecast submissions and revenue commentaries
• Partner with MB Treasury for balance sheet forecasting and capital inputs
• Liaise with Market Risk and Technology in regard to various infrastructure initiatives, particularly in relation to increased straight-through processing initiatives
• Work closely with Corporate Accounting Policy on accounting policy interpretation and documentation of significant transactions
• Partner with the MB Valuation Control Group on further build-out of independent price verification initiatives
• Relevant product and/or control experience, with specific knowledge of mortgage-related products, bond math and working knowledge of the capital markets preferred
• Strong understanding of financial reporting and accounting principles
• Solid qualitative and quantitative skills
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree with a concentration in either Finance or Accounting or other quantitative disciplines
• Proficient in MS Office suite
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment and to meet challenging deadlines
• Team player and self starter
• Ability to streamline existing process and create new reporting processes
• Control mindset
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.