J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
o We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
o We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
o We operate in more than 100 markets.
o We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
DEPARTMENT: Fund Accounting
The Fund Accounting team is responsible for timely and accurate delivery of NAV for Clients who have outsourced their Fund Accounting to JPM. This role involves understanding and executing end to end activities that comprises of daily NAV calculation and eod Client reporting.
The candidate will be responsible for managing a team of accountants for the purpose of delivering accurate and timely fund accounting services, including net asset value calculations for various clients.
1. Oversee the accurate and timely production of the Fund's daily and monthly accounting activities and net asset value calculation of the funds for various clients
2. Review all financial statements prior to production and ensure that timely and accurate sign offs are in place from various constituents of the valuation process.
6. Establish policies, procedures and guidelines which comply with internal and external controls to ensure that the statements and work to continuously strengthen the controls environment
7. Develop and implement efficient and standardized workflows within his team as well as various points of hand offs.
8. Be an effective leader capable of motivating, developing and supporting staff and training and managing the team
9. To understand Training Needs / Solutions and implement the same to maintain team skill sets and mobility
10. Relationship management with Clients (including JPM partner locations) by means of service delivery and proactive approach towards client requirements
Chartered Accountant/MBA/Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
Over 7+ years of mutual funds industry experience with a minimum of three years in fund accounting. Management experience is desirable.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Fund accounting knowledge
• GAAP accounting knowledge
• Knowledge of industry developments and trends
• Securities industry knowledge including dividends, principal & interest, corporate actions and trading activity
• Knowledge of account reconciliation processes
• Strong analytical, prioritization, organizational, multi tasking and negotiation skills
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.