Title: Firmwide ALM Analytics – Analyst
Location: Bengaluru, India
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The Firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
The Firm wide ALM Analytics team was formed in 2017 to support Treasury Controllers across all of our business units. The group is responsible to ensure the accuracy and completeness of all information in support of the firm’s internal and regulatory Liquidity Risk and Interest Rate Risk reporting and analytics. We partner with a wide range of stakeholders across the firm in:
· Daily reconciliation of balances to the general ledger
· Impact analyses for changes in regulatory reporting (e.g. LCR, 5G, Stress, Recovery & Resolution etc.)
· Strategic sourcing, automation of feeds from various source systems into the central technology platforms in Treasury-CIO
· Ensuring data quality controls in upstream sources & aggregation platforms
Our current team consists of 30 functional and technical experts who currently cover all aspects of Liquidity Risk across multiple products and LOBs, located in Jersey City. We are embarking on setting up a team in Bengaluru in 2018 to institute a follow-the-sun global workflow, reducing cycle time of our daily operations and increasing responsiveness to our stakeholders especially in APAC & EMEA.
The Analyst will focus on:
· Lead the strategy & execution of the FALMA daily operating model in India to support the firm’s LRI program covering the banking and trading book products across multiple LOBs: CIB, CTC, AM and CB
· Partner with the FALMA team leads in Jersey City to implement our global operating model to span the broad scope of our daily operations and controls functions. The daily operating model should strive to be seamless with appropriate hand-offs between the two regions that will drive efficiencies, improve controls and help achieve sustainable, measurable cycle time improvements from the current T+2 model to T+1
· Train the team to develop subject matter expertise in relevant products and functional areas & help the build out of the global operating model
· Daily sign-off on product reconciliations & balance sheet variance analysis and reporting (e.g. LCR, 5G, etc.). Partner with regional LOB leads to determine business drivers behind variances and communicate impact to partner groups such as Liquidity Risk Oversight, Corporate Treasury Middle Office, etc.
· Design and implement analytical dashboards in Tableau to quickly analyze large volumes of data from multiple sources to create financial and operational reports (e.g. daily available collateral, intercompany bookings, etc.) that will highlight potential data quality issues that warrant remediation
· Partner with senior stakeholders in the regional LOBs, FRW/ FRO, LRI technology teams to obtain, understand, and analyze Balance sheet data & other relevant information such as forecasts, assumptions etc. and their impact on the firm’s liquidity & structural interest rate risk management
· Identify opportunities for process improvements, remediate data quality issues, robotics process automation, etc.
Candidates seeking a position in this role must be self-starters who are able to work in a fast paced, results driven environment with minimal oversight and possess a strong sense of accountability and responsibility. Additional qualifications required:
· Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years experience in the financial services industry, preferably within a regulatory reporting/policy department
· Strong analytic, creative thinking and problem solving skills
· Keen attention to detail and ability to work independently
· Excellent organizational, multitasking and prioritizing skills
· Ability to handle stress and tight deadlines
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Be skilled in performing complex quantitative analysis.
· Knowledge of key bank systems and processes, including financial sub-ledgers, product systems etc. would be an advantage
· Possess subject matter expertise in banking book and trading book products, data flows & quality checks
· Prior work experience in liquidity and/ or interest rate risk management programs would be a plus
· Experience in building models and managing large amounts of data, identifying data quality issues & recommending solutions
· Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access and Word
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.