Chase is the neighborhood bank for thousands of communities across the country. Chase serves approximately one out of every six Americans through more than 5,600 bank branches; 19,000 ATMs; mortgage offices; online and mobile banking; as well as relationships with auto dealerships, schools and universities. Chase.com is the most visited banking portal in United States, and Chase Mobile users are growing at a rate of nearly 350,000 per month. With such a broad range of consumer businesses, the mission at Chase is quite simple: to be industry leader in customer experience. Chase has more than 160,000 employees across the world to help achieve this goal.
Chase is undertaking an aggressive digital transformation agenda, which builds on the success of the current mobile and online service offerings. Chase is investing in innovative ways to deepen customer engagement and profitability through the use of digital channels. The ambitions is to position Chase as the undisputed leader in digital financial services and payments to enable Chase to deliver the highly personalized, real time experiences that customers increasingly expect.
Chase is seeking an experienced product manager to lead and define the digital strategy and product experience for Small Business customers across various lines of business within bank. Chase Business Online is web channel used by small business customers, which offers information reporting, various payment options, and account management capabilities for various products across business banking, business credit cards and merchant services. The Digital Product Manager will be responsible for a subset of the products and services. The candidate is responsible for product definition, feature requirements and prioritization, product strategy, pricing strategy, ROI analysis and life cycle.
Candidates should have excellent written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and outstanding analytical and research skills, as well as a passion for emerging digital technologies. In addition to being a seasoned, well trained professional, the successful candidate will be a strategic thinker with the ability to inspire confidence from, and to collaborate closely with technology leaders and internal stakeholders.
- Determine product strategy and vision for products covered with eye towards innovative concepts and solutions;
- Assess customer and banker needs and “pain points” to build prototypes to validate solution approach
- Experience in using empathetic product design to develop and managed products, tools and technology to address and resolve user problem(s);
- Provide clear vision and scope documentation, use cases, workflows, wire-frames, design and product requirements, and other materials as needed to support UX design and development;
- Build and present end to end executive product updates inclusive of current production metrics, new feature delivery planning and financial forecasting;
- Integrate data analytics, product metrics, user experience research, competitive and market analysis, and company goals to drive prioritization of product initiatives;
- Facilitate and lead strategy/concept/requirements sessions with cross functional teams of user research, market research and technology partners;
- Proven track record in driving and guiding the definition API's based on customer journeys for products and services
- Strong understanding of APIs, with proven track record of managing, delivering and monitoring programs that enable APIs
- Proven track record in converting vision into themes, epics and user stories. Create concise, compelling content and business case to present and sell concepts through to senior management;
- Experience in prioritizing stories based on user need, business impact and technical effort to efficiently manage backlog
- Work with multiple products/projects/business units in parallel. He/she must be able to come up to speed quickly in new business areas, balance multiple initiatives, while keeping a high level of performance and customer service;
- Work with vendors; performing new vendor analysis, managing relationship, vendor negotiations, managing initial product integration requirements;
- Work with internal partners such as Business Banking, Mobile Product and Strategy Organization, Digital, Central Technology and Operations, and other teams to identify shared opportunities and help drive project delivery;
- Work with solution architects to identify business solutions that are scalable, both tactical and strategic to business goals.
- Participate in daily stand up meetings with tech teams to answer and help resolve technical challenges and review sprint deliveries.
- Provide marketing and product packaging support to sales and service organizations;
- Drive adoption and utilization of mobile products among the Commercial Banking client base;
- Engage appropriate compliance, risk, and legal resources and obtain approval on all product enhancements.
The individual assuming responsibility for the Digital Product Manager role should have an outstanding track record in:
- Developing ideas, conducting user testing, prototyping the solution to move to product stage
- Delivering innovative product designs and features to improve client loyalty and profitability.
- Tracking and analyzing client, market and competitive solutions, including potential threats and opportunities;
- Creating strategy documents and product plans;
- Building business cases and analyzing ROI;
- Authoring themes, epics, stories and managing to release schedule for market impact
- Building relationships and partnering with internal and external groups.
- 8+ years of product management or relevant experience as well as record of individual technical achievement;
- Expertise in defining and building out product roadmap and business models;
- Thorough understanding of financial modeling, forecasting and tracking as it relates to product delivery;
- Experience with bringing together cross functional teams and leading execution in an agile delivery model;
- Experience with integrating third party vendor solutions a plus;
- Ability to influence stakeholders with diverse points of view;
- Structured thinker, effective communicator with excellent written communication skills;
- Proven track record of delivery and new product feature creation;
- Ability to prioritize projects and efforts according to business need and industry trends;
- Familiarity with the business services and offerings associated with Chase;
- Ability to influence people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions
- Demonstrated ability to manage tight delivery timelines and calmness under intense pressure;
- Commitment and self-motivation suitable to a start-up team;
- BS or MS in Computer Science or other comparable field of study, or equivalent work experience;
- Demonstrable experience working in retail banking, payments, e/m-commerce, online and mobile platforms;
- Experience with agile product development techniques and continuous integration philosophies and practices for speed to market is a plus.