JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at
Within Chase, Card Services consist of Credit Card and Merchant Services. Credit Card offers a wide variety of general purpose and partner based credit cards to meet the needs of consumers, small businesses and corporate clients. Merchant Services is the global payment processing, merchant acquiring and marketing solutions business of JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Card Services Controllers organization is responsible for ensuring the overall integrity and validity of Card Services’ financial statements and controls over the transaction cycle. The group performs critical reporting and controls functions for the organization, including legal entity, financial and regulatory. The team is also responsible for improving ongoing processes, and ensuring execution and implementation of the overall financial architecture.
This position in Card Services Controllers will be part of the team supporting analysis, performance and execution of financial reporting and control functions of all aspects related to asset quality/credit reporting and valuation used to support intangibles. Specific responsibilities of this role will include but not be limited to the following:
· Reporting and analysis to support the allowance for loan loss, including preparation of schedules used to support the quarterly allowance and the allowance forecast as part of the budgeting/forecasting and stress testing process.
· Analytical review and substantiation of the loss forecast which includes review of the modeled output and other outputs in support of the allowance reconciliation
· Assist Manager in preparation of credit card valuation to support intangibles, including completion of discounted cash flows used in valuation testing and related valuation reporting.
· Participate in the monthly close process, working actively with Card Finance and business units to ensure financial results are accurately recorded and reported, reconciliation in accordance with established criteria, financial reporting and related variance analysis and support Corporate Reporting for external reporting purposes.
· Develop and implement processes for complete and accurate reporting and ensure proper controls are in place, executed, and documented to the Firm’s standards.
· Evaluate existing practices on an ongoing basis for internal financial controls.
· Assist in development of India Controller team expertise of Card Services business including liaising with India team for review and completion of deliverables supporting asset quality.
The role will require regular interactions with Controllers, Finance and Risk related to credit reporting and valuation testing and Corporate Accounting Policy and Corporate Financial Reporting related to review and submission of report filings. Individual may also assist with preparation of various reports or provide supporting information as required by internal and external auditors or regulatory authorities.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related discipline
· 2-4 years financial analysis or accounting experience, credit card industry and/or regulatory experience a plus
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Self-motivated individual with the ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects and tasks
· Strong organization and communications skills (written and verbal)
· Proficiency in Microsoft applications, Essbase knowledge a plus
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.