Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business (LOB) to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution, and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of GTI is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. GTI is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.
GTI Service Operations (SO) is responsible for service support and delivery for JPMorgan Chase's (JPMC) Global Technology Infrastructure. Through its Global Service Desk and Infrastructure Operations Centers, Global Service Operations (GSO) provides global, coordinated diagnostic and support services, while Production Assurance and Support functions leverage and execute industry leading infrastructure management and support processes that are designed to minimize customer outages and impacts.
As a Database Administrator, you will administer, maintain and utilize policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the databases. Implement data models and database designs, data access and table maintenance codes; resolve database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues. Support production DBA in daily or emergency procedures to resolve issues.
You will work with Engineering team to help implement the physical data model. Help develop and validate the database implementation plan. Create database objects and maintain their physical organization/relationships. Support the data loads into the databases. Ensure that the application, and any enhancements, interact efficiently with the database. Develop and implement database performance monitoring process and analyze monitoring data for performance optimization opportunities. Create/Implement database maintenance plan to ensure data integrity. Manage the on-site backup and recovery process and/or support the off-site backup and recovery teams· Plan for and execute any required database upgrades and migration (patches etc.)
Staff will be required to work 5 days a week (Sun-Thu or Tues-Sat) for 9 hour a day. Staff will be required to work either of ASIA or EMEA shifts including public holidays which will be compensated with days in lieu and weekend support on rotational basis.
- Responsible for Architecture, Design, Configuration and Maintenance of large/complex Oracle 11g - 12C RAC databases.
- Provide application and database performance tuning at the DB and SQL levels.
- Work with Dev, Perf, QA and Production support teams on projects and production support related issues.
- Ensure proper monitoring, capacity planning for the databases.
- Perform database backups/refreshes in non-prod environments.
- Ensure database has security standards implemented and complies with Risk and Audit requirements.
- Troubleshoot and resolve database/schema issues in a timely manner.
- The role needs excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Needs effective communication skills to interact with different teams and management.
Mandatory Technical Skills
- Minimum 6+ years experience as a Oracle database Administrator
- Strong experience working with Oracle versions 10g, 11gR1/2 in a UNIX environment
- Strong performance tuning/troubleshooting skills with Oracle 11g & 12c RAC environments
- Experience in setting up and supporting HADR - Active and Physical Dataguard.
- Proficiency in setting up backup and recovery strategies using RMAN and Netbackup
- Strong programming experience in PL/SQL and UNIX Shell Scripting and/or Perl (preferably) for leading automation efforts.
- Ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve live database systems issues using tools like OEM.
- Ability to manage all database maintenance plan activities including backups, indexing, integrity and consistency checks, etc.
- Experience running and supporting large databases under high transaction rates.
- Thorough knowledge of Oracle OEM, ASM, Datapump, Partitioning, Materialized views.
- Experience with Oracle Streams and Golden Gate
- Clear understanding of Database Architecture, Operating Systems, Client/Server Architecture, Middleware and Hardware (Servers, SAN, Network) .
- Needs thorough knowledge of development cycle of a rapidly paced dev env.
- Should be able to work in a complex global environment and interact with various teams from Business Development, Infrastructure and software vendor support teams
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Optional to have experience with scripting languages – i.e. Python, Perl or other Unix/Linux coding language.
Excellent technical knowledge gained from hands on role within a global organization
- Oracle certifications
- Minimum of degree level education
- ITIL Knowledge
- Self-starter with ability to acquire new skills autonomously
- Demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills in English language