As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
Over last few years Regulatory team has built or taken over multiple applications. This role is to work on an in-house developed regulatory reporting platform in Investment Banking Technology as a Application Developer. This role is based in Mumbai and is a part of a global regulatory reporting team which is spread across Asia, EMEA and North America and reporting to the India Lead. Candidate will be expected to have a strong technical background, possess excellent inter-personal skills and individual contributors
• Translate business requirements to a high level technical design and implementation
• Articulate use cases and create in-depth analysis to support business & product
• Develop, Deploy and support large-scale MIS / Metrics reports
• Effectively manage stakeholder expectations, facilitate decision-making by providing right level of information and timely escalation, when required.
• Advanced proficiency in reporting in toolsets such as SSRS, SSAS, Cognos and/or Qlikview/QlikSense.
• Proficiency in SQL in Oracle or Exadata environments
• Process automation experience
• Link metrics to business performance and collect and analyze data to identify trends and variances and perform root cause analysis
- Design or enhance management reporting (e.g., business reviews, scorecards, dashboards, customer summaries)
- Help create user defined, reusable, self-service reporting
- Design, develop and document reporting tools and templates
- Use large, complex data sets to analyze a key business problem and work with management teams to identify areas of improvement and report on results
- Analyze data and provide key variable trending and perform root cause analysis and report on affects to business performance
- Identify and implement process efficiencies using automation of key reports or data
- Transform complex and detailed data analysis into actionable recommendations and present to management in concise and easily understandable terms
• Business acumen
• Experience in the financial markets (Investment Banking)
• Knowledge of Jira or other project management tools
• Excellent Communications Skills
• Experience with any ETL tool like Informatica , Pentaho is a plus
The successful candidate should also possess the following attributes:
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
• Strong work ethic, self-starter who is creative with a ‘can-do’ attitude
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently, while maintaining a high degree of communication and escalation
• Team player, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work with tight deadlines
• Organization skills, be able to prioritize task based on priority level
• 7+ years of experience
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
©2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.